Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Old World Style set 8: Lost Worlds has arrived

Edited 1423701068
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Old World Style, set 8: Lost Worlds has arrived in the marketplace! Pyramids and step pyramids, jungle trees and foliage, cactii, scorpions vines and more! Also included are two inset map design elements for those who want to create an image inset for their map (Thanks Gabriel for the idea!). puebloan style homes, giant ferns, more skin huts, and waterfall and rapids design elements...there's a lot of stuff in here. There's elements to be used on grid and 1/2 grid, elements for use off the grid...there's design elements for layering with transparencies and once again - have some fun mixing it up with other Old World Style sets! And one last thing: because as you all know, I love to make scroll edges...yes, there's another scroll edge version as well! Hoodalolly! I hope you enjoy, annnnnnnd - Happy Mapping!
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I've been looking forward to seeing this one make it out. Everyone needs those little adobe houses or they will not make it to gamer heaven.
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Gabriel P. said: I've been looking forward to seeing this one make it out. Everyone needs those little adobe houses or they will not make it to gamer heaven. Thank you so much for making me cough down my coffee when I read that. HAHAHAHAHAHA
Will be grabbing this set as soon as I can.

Edited 1423803818
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Yay! Jody - your screen name reminds me of something I made for a poster a few years ago...I may have to somehow make these for an inventory set in here sometime, or include a reworked version of them in the set I'm working on with Aaron. Not sure how much humour is wanted in inventory sets PRESENTING: The Warrior Pink Bunny Slippers of Doom: they hold no pluses, and you have to have a 16 or greater wisdom and constitution to wear them. All those who view the slippers in battle must make a check at -6 or fall down in hideous fit of laughter.
Most excellent Russ H.
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Thought I would put this in here - I have tutorials on the fan page, but thought it would be good to include here as well. This was created during testing on the Roll 20 map editor, using grid, 1/2 grid and off grid with the layering features 'to front' and 'to back' Let's make some waterfalls and depth! As you can see, per norm for me, I drag numerous tiles and design elements over into the white space and begin designing the coast. You can see the layered repetition in the upper cliff face created by layering on a 1/2 grid offset. As I build, the cliff walls are created first, then the water tile is added on top, right clicked and sent to back. I've decided to create a river pouring over the side of the cliff. To do this, I've offset the water tiles 1/2 grid over the top of the one coastline side - which will serve as one river bank. Then, right clicking the coastline tiles, bring 'to front' and voila! The first edge is done for our upper river. You can see the river above is complete. Because the backgrounds in the OWS sets are so muted, I've flipped, off-grid rotated and place the opposite river bank on top of the water tiles. Then, I've added a few splashing rocks to indicate rough waters in the river. In this next shot, you will notice the center water area is a bit darker. I wanted some variation here so again, placing the 50% shade blue tile over that area, right clicked the coastline tiles and 'to front'. Because the shadow tiles are layering above, they will also layer above the other water tiles, creating a deeper and darker look. The tiles, because they are a partial transparency, leave a bit of a jagged edge to the right side on the water, and by the forked area to the left. Taking some small water fall elements and placing them off-grid (by holding ctrl+alt), covers this rough edge and lets me create something a bit more organic looking. Now comes the fun part! We've set up our land masses, and the water is a flowing. Same as before, other design elements are dragged onto the white space area below. Now I can simply "Copy" and "Paste" to start placing elements on the stage! You can also resize, stretch, squish, flip, flop and whatnot. In this stage, going off-grid (by holding the ctrl+alt keys) and layering is a blast! You can really start to make the map your own. The finished test on the Roll20 editor! I can keep going, layering, shifting things this way and that, just really decking the map out til I'm content! Try resizing some of the tree elements just to add a touch more variety! Hope you enjoy!
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Russ H. said: Old World Style, set 8: Lost Worlds has arrived in the marketplace! Pyramids and step pyramids, jungle trees and foliage, cactii, scorpions vines and more! Also included are two inset map design elements for those who want to create an image inset for their map (Thanks Gabriel for the idea!). puebloan style homes, giant ferns, more skin huts, and waterfall and rapids design elements...there's a lot of stuff in here. There's elements to be used on grid and 1/2 grid, elements for use off the grid...there's design elements for layering with transparencies and once again - have some fun mixing it up with other Old World Style sets! And one last thing: because as you all know, I love to make scroll edges...yes, there's another scroll edge version as well! Hoodalolly! I hope you enjoy, annnnnnnd - Happy Mapping! I really like the map customization, it really gives you the versatility to create those one of a kinda maps. I look forward to see more versions of the old world set. This one is really nice with the pyramids and desert palm trees. 2 thumbs up, and 5 stars. Keep them coming Russ H.
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Dragon! I just used the insert piece from this set for a combo piece with set 9 and see a lot of cross over potentials with a ton of other artists: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1759894/its-getting-cold-in-here-ice-caves#post-1762358" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1759894/its-getting-cold-in-here-ice-caves#post-1762358</a>