Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

What is going on here???

Edited 1423839935
Sithun
Pro
Sheet Author
This is what it looks like with the "custom" sheet selected and the appropriate code pasted in there: This is the same code, available right now in the sheet-selection: WHAT is going on??? I just told a lot of people about this sheet I've made, and THIS is what they will see! I cant figure out WHERE to even begin debugging this!! Apparently, the custom-sheet section actually DOES treat code differently than what is posted to github. At least, that is how it appears. Please help! EDIT Just tested for any discrepancies between the code for the upper picture and the code for the lower picture (that is, the code from github). The code from github, the code that causes the graphical funkyness of the second picture, when pasted in the custom-sheet section, produces the results of the propper, uppermost picture. Something is REALLY wrong here. NINJA-EDIT NUMERO DOS Here's the code. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>...
Michael B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Try using absolute URLs to your graphical elements instead of relational ones.
It seems like there's some sort of encoding issue with the file that was put into Github. What editor did you save it with and did you use the git command line to check it in or...?
I re-saved the file using SublimeText and re-uploaded it to Github and now it seems to be working fine.

Edited 1423906874
Sithun
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks! That seemed to have fixed it! :D I used notepad++ and the Github program. If it is an encoding error in notepad++, maybe I can change some setting in the program to force it to save html/css with the right encoding? I mean, eventually I'm going to need to update the sheet, so I need to avoid this issue in the future. But how? EDIT: I might have found the issue. Notepad++ encodes in ANSI by default. I can select to use UTF-8 (with or without BOM) or UCS-2 (With big or little endian). Which should i use?
Notepad++ can also save as .css and .html, and I use those methods to save them. So far, I haven't had an issue since I switched to saving things that way...and stopped using windows Notepad.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Frej B. said: EDIT: I might have found the issue. Notepad++ encodes in ANSI by default. I can select to use UTF-8 (with or without BOM) or UCS-2 (With big or little endian). Which should i use? If you're not using any accented characters, ANSI is the simplest encoding. If you do have accented characters (or other special characters) you'll need UTF-8, but DO NOT include the BOM, as that has screwed things up for several sheets before.

Edited 1423927783
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Indeed, use UTF-8 without BOM.
Sithun
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the help! I'll make sure to remember to set the right encoding for future projects!