Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] some sort of Ability Updater script, for mass copy&paste of macros

Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
As I'm sitting here updating all of my powercards macros for my players (roughly 60 of them, macros not players), I find myself lamenting AGAIN the inability to import/export macros from/to Roll20. I have no votes left for more suggestions, so I turn to API. The way I imagine the script working: * I invoke the API and the GM notes section of a character journal is evaluated * The name of the ability would be delimited by some token (either enclosed in quotes or everything up to a specific token) and then followed by the body of the macro * If the name matches an existing ability, it replaces the ability; if the name doesn't exist create the macro. I know this is possible, because there's monster importers for Pathfinder (and 4e?), and this doesn't involve complex parsing. If the macros were put in the bio section, players could do this for their own characters, but they'd have to be willing to replace anything they had in their bios afterwards.
I seem to recall someone already wrote an import/export script of that type.

Edited 1424018738
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I have this: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1067109/script-c" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1067109/script-c</a>... Could be expanded to do what you need probably.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Maybe I'm really tired, but I don't see how your script does anything like what I'm looking for, Aaron?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The related functionality is this: !chardup -- copy all the abilities from a source character to one or more destination characters Currently, it takes as input a single character and copies their abilities to the other listed characters. The process of reading the abilities and creating new ones is there, it would just need to be expanded to read multiple definitions out of the GM Notes section (of a token) and create/update those abilities on other characters.