Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DM Screens?

I've noted the character sheets are great, but are there any specific DM ref cards/sheets? It seems that if you're running say a 5e game, having a DM helper "sheet" if you will, that takes and totals up character levels, and figures out XP challenges for encounters and things like that... IT would be VERY helpful.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No there isn't, but it wouldn't be too difficult to create a handout with the information you need. The next major update, "Update of Holding," to be released in the relatively near future (Q1 2015), is planned to include the Roll20 Compendium, which may also meet your needs, however it's not even on the dev server yet and we have limited information on how it will work and what it will contain.
You can also macro a ton of stuff, to automate things like initiative, much of combat, skill & perception etc. While I do not use 5E myself, any system can be set up in Roll-20. There are many guides in the Wiki, both game specific and general which tell you how to do it. In this forum you have 10,000 or so users at variuous stages of expertise, who tend to try and beat each other to help out newbies. It is kind of a huge community of helpful nerds...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Allen, you might add a comment and/or vote to Black Falcon's suggestion Master GM Sheet
Vince that is kinda like I'm thinking. I was looking @ the 5e sheet for example, and it has NPC/Player. It seems a GM section could be added with drop downs that you add each other character to it, and it could pull most of the data. The other logic could be specific to 5e, because it's just the 3rd tab on the character sheet. Also because the data is unique to 5e, it makes sense to have it just another tab on the 5e sheet. The creator of the sheet could then ensure that it "knows" what data is called for their sheets, and then provide simple tables. Any player could click it to see the overall players level calculations, exp, etc. But if there was a way to do with like a GM sheet that makes sense too. Or just allow multiple different character sheets per game. I'm going to have to look @ it more, and think about it some.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
al e. said: In this forum you have 10,000 or so users at variuous stages of expertise, who tend to try and beat each other to help out newbies. It is kind of a huge community of helpful nerds... LOL! Pure gold, right there. Loved that. :)
adding a GM help cards section would be good, like selecting your character sheet, or other template for a campaign. I've got a ton of stuff but unsure about the legality of uploading for more than personal use.