Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for GM: Doctor Who (Adventures in Time and Space), anytime but Weekend evenings

Hi! I'm looking for someone to run a Doctor Who game using the Adventures in Time and Space rules. I have a Time Lord of my own, and would like to run around with a companion or two. I've just gotten hold of the Time Traveler's Companion and would like to put at least some of these ideas to use. While I've never had trouble finding players for a DW game (actually had six players in my tabletop campaign), I'd really like to be on the player side of things. Although I don't really mind much in the way of what gets introduced, I'd very much like to not have the Doctor show up outright in the game. As for a time, I'm pretty good with just about anytime except weekends after about 5.
I second this motion.
Hop in the Tardis. Next stop? Everywhere.
Mal? Are you offering?
I'd actually talked Mal into GMing and we started getting things set up, but his situation has him too busy to be 100% able to run it. Pretty sure here he's expressing interest in playing, since I let him know about this thread. And I'm expressing "I have a game where everything's basically ready to go as soon as a GM steps in and gets things going." :D I got antsy and started the game up myself, and Mal and I worked on the setup. Just don't wanna run it myself, since I've run almost every Doctor Who game I've played in for the last three years. ^_^; Any GMs wanna give it a go?
"Time Lord of my own." This thread is preposterous, there's only one Time Lord.
Well there were more, and then there was one, and then there were two, but paradoxes and so on and so forth. Then there was one again, but there may have been two. I forgot what happened with that so there was only one again, but I suspect there may be two again very soon. I do love Doctor Who. If you need a Sontaran to pop in once in a while, it would be my pleasure to destroy you in glorious armed combat! Let me know.
The only two people who say there's only one are the two people in the universe most likely to be lying. You can't trust what the Doctor says and you can't trust what the Master says. "No, there are no more. I'd know it. Up here." He's being ridiculous. Okay, so Time Lords are slightly psychic. That doesn't mean he'd automatically know if there were another Time Lord alive, or that Time Lords always know each other on sight (which they obviously don't always, since they flat out don't), just that he'd possibly vaguely figure out that someone's a Time Lord after spending a season or two with them as a companion. Anyhoo! Yeah, my Time Lord character hid from the war in a series of temporal wibble-wibble zones, like Shoreditch 1963 and a city with a time rip (not a time rift, as that would be too stable for his purposes). My concept for a first season of this show would be discovering what happened to Gallifrey while avoiding the trouble that made him have to leave in the first place. Sontaran, hm... Well, if you can work him in with a potential GM, I can only see a few reasons why not. That's never stopped anyone from being awesome, before. :D
Are you still looking for someone to run this? I've been thinking about running a doctor who themed adventure or mini-campaign (though I'm not opposed to doing something more long-term). I don't have DWAITAS, but am willing to pick up a copy. I have run it once before using a friend's copy of the rules which I hadn't read and a few details of the system that I picked up from reviews. It seemed like a pretty rules-lite system, which I like, but I never really gave the game a proper read, so I'm not sure what I might have missed... I tend to run pretty rules-lite as a rule, though, no matter what game I'm running. As far as scheduling, I'm in Eastern time zone and am usually free Tuesdays, including during the day, so my first preference would be a mid-day Tuesday game. Tuesday evening would probably be second preference. Other times might be possible depending... Probably every other week rather than weekly. (I'd be inclined to insist that a prospective Sontaran PC have a psychic hat or overcoat that made him look inconspicuous.) Thoughts?
Actually, it looks like I'll be running the first session or two myself, to get people used to the system before I can take my place as a player. I'd be happy to have you on board as a player to get used to the game and the group. We have our game scheduled for Saturday evening (Saturday night by your time, three of us are in Pacific). Not sure how well Tuesday would work for Mal or Lou, but Ale and I would be able to handle that. If you could fit a Saturday game into your schedule, that'd be easiest for all of us, I think. If you'd like to drop in and see what we're all about, shoot me a PM and I can give you the game link.
I would love to join as a player at the moment I gm two games and am making a module for a third that is planned in mid september. If you are gming a few I wouldnt mind sitting in. I work till 10pm est time so I wouldn't be available till about 7:30pm Pacific aka your time.
I'm free Tuesday evenings.
Are you looking for players? I've never heard of a Doctor Who RPG, and the Whovian in me is screaming at me just to ask if you're looking