Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

First live test and... questions

Hi guys, I just tested the tool for the first time with one of my future players. Everything went fine and smoothly and the tool is impressive. We did not play but just tested the tool and only a few questions arose. 1. seems the player could not see the Parameters button for the character, and as a consequence, could not see nor edit aura 1 and aura 2. 2. When I changed page and moved the players red marker, the player token did not follow and remained on the previous page. 3. My guess is that the GM is supposed to move them to new page. Then shall I select the PCs tokens, group them and cut or copy and paste them on the new page and area ? 4. When trying the Macros functionality, I don't understand why "vs AC" is mentioned in the first examples. The tool is not supposed to know the THACO table... (maybe a stupid question, it's certainly a useful info for the DM but just asking to be sure). Anyway, great fun coming ahead thanks to this awesome tool !
OK, found answer to question 2/3 here : <a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/1625/how-do-i-add-character-tokens-to-a-map" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/1625/how-do-i-add-character-tokens-to-a-map</a>
Gid
Roll20 Team
Hi Redwind, Glad to hear you had a positive first experience with Roll20! 1. Presently, a PC can not edit their token settings. The GM will have to manage a token's auras. A PC only has the ability to move tokens and edit the numbers of their bars if permission is given to them to do so. 4. The "vs AC" and "Damage" in that example are treated as plain old lines of text. The only computation that's done is the actual roll command and the addition of the included modifier. You can include text after a roll command to better differentiate what the rolls are for.
Ok Kristin, thanks !
Gid
Roll20 Team
I neglected to add that a player can also rotate and scale their token as well as move. Sorry about that.
Scale has been introduced for the players with the last version. I think it is a very, very bad idea. You generally finish with one player having a 40ft dwarf and no way to go back to the original size because there is still no native size in Roll20.
Scale has been introduced for the players with the last version. I think it is a very, very bad idea. You generally finish with one player having a 40ft dwarf and no way to go back to the original size because there is still no native size in Roll20. Yeah this isn't intentional. We'll be fixing it shortly.
Thanks. I prefer that one as a bug than as a feature.