Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How can I do this?

I'm not very good at figuring out macros. Reading the wiki tends to make my eyes cross after a while, so I thought I'd just ask for some help on the forums. Anyway, is it possible to work up a macro to do any of the following things? 1) Roll 2d6 against a target number (lets just say 7), with the intention of achieving a result equal to or greater than the target number. 2) Do the same thing, but add a modifier (+2, -2, etc.) to the 2d6 roll. So, 2d6+2 or 2d6-2 against a target number of 7. 3) As in #2, but leave the target number adjustable on the fly, where I could input the target number upon a prompt or something. Thanks for any help you can give me.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Jason W. said: I'm not very good at figuring out macros. Reading the wiki tends to make my eyes cross after a while, so I thought I'd just ask for some help on the forums. Anyway, is it possible to work up a macro to do any of the following things? 1) Roll 2d6 against a target number (lets just say 7), with the intention of achieving a result equal to or greater than the target number. NOTE: For historical purposes, > in Roll20 Dice expressions means "greater than or equal to." This will be 1 if the sum of 2d6 is 7 or higher. See: Target Number [[{2d6,0d0}>7]] or /r {2d6,0d0}>7 The ,0d0 is necessary to cause the dice engine to evaluate sums of dice, instead of individual dice. See: Grouping Rolls 2) Do the same thing, but add a modifier (+2, -2, etc.) to the 2d6 roll. So, 2d6+2 or 2d6-2 against a target number of 7. [[{2d6+2,0d0}>7]] or /r {2d6+2,0d0}>7 3) As in #2, but leave the target number adjustable on the fly, where I could input the target number upon a prompt or something. See: Roll Queries [[{2d6+2,0d0}>?{Target?|7}]] or /r {2d6+2,0d0}>?{Target?|7} Thanks for any help you can give me. You're welcome. =D
Cool. Thanks for the assist, Aaron. 8)