Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Sound fading for ambient/background music

I only had a bit of time to play with Roll20 before work today and it looks great. One thing I think would be a nice touch for ambience (lower priority then fixing bugs etc) would be a fade button for background music with the jukebox. I did some searching for spooky dungeon music etc and found some very nice background music...but I would love to have a good and easy way to slowly fade the music into the background instead of just having it boom-start at full volume (as set). Makes for a creepier horror/suspense vibe when the music slowly builds up. Maybe just a single button next to the play button in the jukebox that is a "Fade In" that will ramp up the volume over 5 seconds or such till it reaches your desired volume. Right now the only way I could see to do it is to manually raise the volume, which would be a distraction while trying to do all the other stuff involved in running a game. I think this would really help set the tone and set players on edge during encounters and add to the experience. Overall though, enjoyed playing with it immensely for the bit of time I had. Think I will set up a second monitor and run dual monitor, so I can have this one the main screen and a second screen with my file of art or other stuff so I can do drag and drops if needed.
I like this idea...
I like this idea too. Something that could work nicely with what we have going with Soundcloud too, I think. We'll check this out.