Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Feeling out for 2-3 Players for 5e Campaign 8am-8pm CST every other Saturday

Edited 1424748641
We've been running a campaign pretty solid for half a year now, but we have had some people drop out recently for varying personal reasons. We have 8 characters being played currently, by 5 players as a result. We would like to trim ourselves back down to 1 character per player, if at all possible. What we are looking for, is at least 1 healer type, with 1-2 "other." The 1-2 "other" can be just about anything at the moment. The doubles we are wanting to trim down, are a Barbarian/Paladin combo, Monk/Cleric combo and Rogue/Druid combo. The monk, almost assuredly, will not be going away, which is why the definitive healer would be wanted. I cannot say which character the player who plays the Barbarian/Paladin combo would rather play, so I cannot say which way he would go. I currently play the Rogue/Druid combo, with the Druid as a healer, and am willing to part with either one to make life easier on all. Here is some background info for your consideration: We are currently level 7, possibly going to "ding" level 8 this weekend during our game day. The world we are playing, is a Homebrew world my brother and I have been developing for over a year. Our group currently consists of the following: My dad -- playing since the 70s (Basic D&D, AD&D, 2e, 3e, 3.5e) My older brother -- playing since the 80s (AD&D, 2e, 3e, 3.5e) Myself -- also playing since the 80s (AD&D, 2e, 3e, 3e, 3.5e) ( DM ) Younger brother -- playing since the 90s (2e, 3e, 3.5e) Cousin -- playing since the 90s (3e, 3.5e) Friend of Cousin -- playing since last summer (3.5e) We just transitioned to 5e at the beginning of January. The campaign we are playing, is taking us all over a world developed by my younger brother (the DM) and I. The intent is to have us be level 20 before the end. We would like to have someone who likes to role play, not power game. Overall, the big thing we want, is someone who would be compatible with our group, as we like to enjoy ourselves. Our next game day is this Saturday, from 8am-8pm, so if you would like to have more information, please let me know.

Edited 1424783022
BUMMER....I was all excited and made like a 2 paragraph post and then read your game time. I cant make this work wish I could. Don't think my little one would allow it lol OTHERWISE I would have ran a cleric....let me know if you guys are open to playing at a diff time! What works best for me is starting around 8PM EST and going to midnight or even 1AM.
Is that a 12 hour session? Goodness!
I wish a different time would work. Unfortunately, the times were set up based upon several of us having school and work. Since we only play every other week, we get as much jammed into a singular day of play (as it were), as we can. We do, however, take breaks throughout the day, as my cousin and [younger] brother have infants they take care of as well. I'm just lucky enough to have two teenagers who can take care of themselves now when we play.
It is, but it's not 12-hours of sitting down. We take breaks throughout, but try to block off the 12-hour time period to avoid the necessity to cancel days because of people not showing up for an extended time.
It's actually shorter than the sessions we use to play 20-years ago when I was a teenager. We use to start around 7 in the morning on a Saturday, stay up all night long, and play until 5 in the evening on a Sunday -- in person and around the table. My parents weened us on D&D when we were very young, and it has stuck with us.
Just a couple years ago my friends got a cabin and we went old school for 96 hours of rp. Not so much anymore on a regular basis though.
Hehe, as we age, so too do our abilities to do things such as that. If there is one thing I learned sitting on watch and/or staff duty in the Army for 24-hours for over a decade, it is how to sit for an extended period of time, even when bored out of your mind.
hmmm dang....oh well GL on the search!
Old time roleplayer posting interest(Playing 35 years+), can make scheduled time.((I will also have to occasionally change diapers, quickly make something to eat for the kids, etc)) New'ish to 5e, but liking it. Message me, or hit me up on skype if you wish to discuss specifics. wandarer1968