Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issues with initiative macro's

Your jump start videos refer to two macro's that don't seem to work quite right. My demo character has a total init bonus of 4 /roll 1d20 + @{selected|init} /roll 1d20 + @{*Kaffius|init} Is this method depreciated? I'm using the Pathfinder character sheet. The output recieved is rolling 1d20 + (((floor((16 + 0 + 0 + 0)/2)-5) + floor(0/2) - (floor(abs(0)/2)) - (floor(abs(0)/2))) + 0 + 1) ( 4)+(((floor((16+0+0+0)/2)-5)+floor(0/2)-(floor(abs(0)/2))-(floor(abs(0)/2)))+0+1) = 8

Edited 1425370581
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Rob. in order for the token to be added to the tracker you need to use &{tracker}. You are seeing the formula used to determine initiative because it's not placed within an inline roll's double brackets [[ ]]. You use inline rolls to only show the result of a roll. You can still hover over the result in chat to see the "math" behind the result. Here's the Initiative macro I use for PF [[1d20+(@{selected|init}+((@{selected|DEX-mod})*.01 ))&{tracker}]] the decimal that you may see in the result is merely the Dex-mod added on to be used as a "tie-breaker". Cheers
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rob A. said: Your jump start videos refer to two macro's that don't seem to work quite right. My demo character has a total init bonus of 4 /roll 1d20 + @{selected|init} /roll 1d20 + @{*Kaffius|init} Is this method depreciated? I'm using the Pathfinder character sheet. The output recieved is rolling 1d20 + (((floor((16 + 0 + 0 + 0)/2)-5) + floor(0/2) - (floor(abs(0)/2)) - (floor(abs(0)/2))) + 0 + 1) ( 4)+(((floor((16+0+0+0)/2)-5)+floor(0/2)-(floor(abs(0)/2))-(floor(abs(0)/2)))+0+1) = 8 Nothing's gone wrong here. The (4) is what you rolled on the d20. The 8 is the sum of that d20 roll and the equation. Since you say your initiative bonus is 4, The calculation is obviously correct. When you're using the community-built character sheets, you will often run into calculated fields, such as your initiative modifier. Because of the way the character sheet system works, that whole calculation is expanded when the attribute is used. This does take up a lot of vertical space and can look ugly if you use /roll. However, as Vince points out, you can use inline rolls to hide the calculation, and only see it when you hover your mouse over the yellow box. If you want, you could also mix /roll with inline rolls using something like: /roll 1d20 + [[@{selected|init}]]. You would see 1d20+4 on your screen, and you could hover over the 4 to see how that is calculated.
Thank you brian ... it finally makes sense now. Much cleaner. Thans again!