Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Radial draw circles

Currently, when you draw a circle it's fitted to an imaginary designated by your cursor. This makes it quite difficult to draw a circle that's centered around a fixed point, because it's center point moves as you expand the circle. Since many games have effects where players need to draw out a circle of a certain size to show where/what their ability is effecting, it would be useful to add a button that turns on radial draw for circles (and possibly squares too). When this button (perhaps r) is held, the first point you click on would act as the center of the circle and the second part would then be a point on the circumference).
that does seem like it would be easier to use in certain situations...
Yup. This has actually been requested a bunch of times before, but I don't think I've ever seen the devs mention why they haven't done it.
Z
Pro
Sheet Author
You've my vote once I have an extra.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Many art programs allow you to alternate between starting a circle at a corner or from its center, so this would be a nice feature in the VTT. In Inkscape, the gesture used is Shift + Drag to draw a circle from its center. Ctrl + Drag to uniformly scale its X and Y radial axes. 
Just wanted to bump this, radial draw tool as well as an arc tool would be great for spell effects and save a lot of headaches.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .