Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Language/group Whisper work around

Miranda
Sheet Author
I was playing with the character journals and I realized something. I don't know if others have stumbled upon this before, but here it goes: I have been looking for a feature to let some players get what I type as a specific language, as in they can see the text, but the people without that language can't. I've been doing it in whispers to each character individually, but now I've figured out an easier way: As a GM, go into your character journal tab and make a new one for whatever language. Then, under 'who can control/edit' add in the players who have the ability to speak or understand that language. Now, you should be able to just typle /w [language name] [text] and it will go to those players. I've tested it and it has worked like a charm. You could also use this to make a group and whisper them. Don't know if people had figured this out already, but here you go! :D
Wow, that's really a great solution! My journal is so full anyways, so the extra 9 (for now) og won't matter at all xD Thanks! 
Miranda
Sheet Author
Haha. I know that feeling. I'm so glad they added the search feature.
Well, I added it to the wiki under tips and tricks :-) It's well worth sharing other than in a forum where it gets lost :-) Great find! :-D And yeah, the tags and search is great!
Miranda
Sheet Author