Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Merged Template Roles

is there any way to merge multiple template roles? I have a character who uses multiple types of attacks in a single round of attacks and I wanted to give each attack it's own header in the roll, but if possible I'd prefer for the full attack to show up as one box instead of 3 separate ones... Here's the templated macros for the 3 attacks... &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with her @{weapon1name}s }} {{attack1=hitting AC[[@{weapon1attackcalc}]]}} {{fumbleroll=Fumble:[[d20]]}} {{damage1=for [[@{weapon1damage}]] dmg}} {{critdmg1=+[[@{weapon1damage}+@{weapon1damage}+@{weapon1damage}]] crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]]}} {{attack2=hitting AC[[@{weapon1attackcalc}]]}} {{damage2=for [[@{weapon1damage}]] dmg}} {{critdmg2=+[[@{weapon1damage}+@{weapon1damage}+@{weapon1damage}]] crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]]}} {{attack3=Magebane: +[[2]] atk }} {{damage3= +[[2d6+2[vs Arcane Spellcasters]]] dmg}} {{notes= +[[1]] Con damage per hit}} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon2name} }} {{attack1=hitting AC[[@{weapon2attackcalc}-5]]}} {{critconfirm1=Crit?:[[@{weapon2attackcalc}]]}} {{fumbleroll=Fumble:[[d20]]}} {{damage1=for [[@{weapon2damage}]] dmg}} {{critdmg1=+[[@{weapon2damage}]] crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]]}} {{attack2=Poison: (DC[[10+floor(@{hitdie}/2)+@{con-mod}+2]]) }} {{damage2= [[1d6]] Con }} {{attack3=Venomfire: }} {{damage3= [[@{Cyra|casterlevel}d6]] acid dmg}} {{notes= +[[1]] Con damage}} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon3name} }} {{attack1=hitting AC[[@{weapon3attackcalc}-5]]}} {{fumbleroll=Fumble:[[d20]]}} {{damage1=for[[@{weapon3damage}]]dmg}} {{critdmg1=+[[@{weapon3damage}]]crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]]}} {{attack2=Poison: (DC[[10+floor(@{hitdie}/2)+@{con-mod}+2]]) }} {{damage2= Sleep[[d0+1]]min}} {{attack3=Venomfire: }} {{damage3=[[@{Cyra|casterlevel}d6]]acid dmg}} {{notes=Secondary save sleep[[1d3]]hrs}} I want to merge them all into one single template with 3 headers...

Edited 1426172508
As far as I know, you can only have one "name" property. As soon as you use another one it just overwrites the first. ("Name" has the Table Header (TH) tag defined which is what gives you the header appearance) Unless the Template is setup with another property other than "Name" that has the TH tag setup for it, you might be out of luck. With Mentor level support, you can always make your own templates, of course.

Edited 1426173606
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
The 3.5 templates only have the one header section. You can use markup syntax to emphasize sections; a **word** would have that word show up bolded when the template is rolled so you could do {{attack1}} .... {{attack2}} .... {{attack3= **Next weapon**}} {{attack4}}.... or some such. edit: there's only the one notes section also.