Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Transparent player icons go black when broadcasting

so recently i noticed that then im broadcasting my player icon disappears, i've linked the original file for the icon (png with a simple transparent layer as seen below) the next 2 pictures are exaples of when im broadcasting and not broadcasting, the transparency works while im not broadcasting but as soon as i do it goes all black, im not going to pretend to know what the issue might be but i wanted to know if anyone had seen this before
I'm sorry you're having trouble with the site. Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues wiki page, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you. It also might be useful to provide the information (without the IP address, please) from <a href="http://supportdetails.com/" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com/</a> .
1426194000
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Doesn't matter whether one's avatar is transparent; I see the same behavior. As far as I can tell, this is not a bug, this is a feature!(Tm). Seriously, anyone who is broadcasting has their avatar do this, and I always figured it was just a TokBox thing.
1426316433
Gold
Forum Champion
Yes, I think what you described is expected behavior. That's the space that goes to Video from your webcam when you have Video mode enabled (WebRTC in Roll20). If you have Audio-only without video, it goes to black (no avatar). If you have chat-only, no WebRTC voice or video, it shows your avatar. The transparency works on the Roll20 tabletop when you're in chat-only (no voice no video) mode, which is cool. I have a round avatar so I know what you're talking about there. When it goes all-black, when you're broadcasting, that's either a black web-cam feed (covered up the lens) or it's just the way WebRTC displays when you're on voice-no-video.