Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Sort the "Looking for Group" list by the next game date, sooner first!

As someone looking for a game to join, it would really be helpful to prioritize the games that I can jump into quickly rather than have to wait a few weeks for. Not to mention all the good games I might have joined if I knew about them, but was too lazy to sort through all the "maybe later"s from the "playable soon" games. Make it easier for players to get to games, please. :) Thanks.
I can only assume that, this suggestion was so obvious, that no one bothered to agree to it... Can I get some community support, please?
I completely agree, I want to join a game now, is that possible?
For a quick workaround, try filtering the list by "day of the week", and then finding the words "minute" and "hour" on that page.
+1 sir. Way too obvious to even suggest it.
But don't make it default. It would'nt be as helpful to sort through all the starting in 10 minutes/2hours/etc. games until I could find the campaigns that are recruiting and have not yet started. At least if I wanted to join such a campaign and am not looking for fastest possibility.  So... make the list sortable by next game date, but don't make it default.
If you don't want a game today, then just search for the next few days of the week. The next several hours are going to be closer to the top of the list than you might think, and if you want a game later in the day, just include a specific time. And if you're really looking for a game for tomorrow, just pick out that day of the week from the list. It makes much more sense to sort by date by default. How would you have it sorted?
PHAntasmorgan said: But don't make it default. It would'nt be as helpful to sort through all the starting in 10 minutes/2hours/etc. games until I could find the campaigns that are recruiting and have not yet started. At least if I wanted to join such a campaign and am not looking for fastest possibility.  So... make the list sortable by next game date, but don't make it default. What would be the default option for you?