Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Anima: BF Sheet Auto initiative

Hello, I'm looking for a way to make the existing Anima: Beyond Fantasy sheet to automatically add and update the initiative tracker when a macro is pressed. The biggest problem I'm having is that I don't think the value is stored as an attribute on the sheet, and adding a brute force macro (adding another attribute to the character and referencing that) wouldn't really work either. I don't have the API level sub, but if it's the only way I can do this I'll upgrade.
Hi Jeff! I'm the creator of that sheet, and that should definitely be possible. The main reason I didn't have the character sheet's button for initiative do it automatically is that in playtesting having characters open roll made it useless / annoying (and I had to keep asking 'are you done rolling?' instead of just watching the initiative tracker). What you should be looking for is @{init_final}, which since it is in a repeating section may be modified to be @{init_final1} or somesuch. If you want to use the formula manually, this is what is used to calculate the final value: @{agi_mod}+@{dex_mod}+@{init_armor}+@{init_weapon}+@{init_class}+@{init_special}+20+@{ki_increasedSpeed} With all but the last value (for the increased speed ki ability) being inside the repeating section. Adding this to a macro and adding the &{tracker} flag should put it in the initiative tracker as you want, but watch out for those open rolls!
1426706224

Edited 1426707709
Thank you for the reply. Hmm I didn't think about open rolls. I know there was open macro code floating around the forums, is that functional? Or if it isn't functional would it be possible to develop it? I don't mind coding it myself, although I don't know the limits of the roll20 api. I do know Java though. Edit: I tried it with both the init_final and the manual calculation, but it seems the system doesn't store repeating attributes for use in macro's, or at least I couldn't figure it out. I tried init_final, init_final1, init_final(1), init_final[1], and init_final{1}. The same for 0's.
1426707661
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Repeating sections are a bit tricky. Calling a value from a repeating section would look something like this: repeating_<section name>_#_<attr field name> So, for example, if my fields class was repeating_skills and I had a field called attr_skillDie that had what I needed to roll I would call that field via: repeating_skills_0_skillDie The zero represents the placement of the repeating row. The first row is zero, the second row one, etc. And when I say row, I'm talking about an entire repeating section, not actual physical rows in the html. Does that make sense? If it doesn't make sense, post your fieldset html and I can probably guide you better.
It makes sense, but does that work for the macros you can program in the client? I tried it and it didn't seem to work. This is the sheet's github listing Anima: Beyond Fantasy sheet