Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Tags, like... all the tags.

I'm not sure about other Roleplaying games, but I play World of Darkness. Currently, we have V:TM, New World of Darkness, World of Darkness, White Wolf (any game) as possible tags. Not enough. I'm getting people coming into my game, not reading the text or looking at the picture, then complaining about the lack of Werewolf tag. I would dread to think about other games, but as it stands, missing #mortals, #mage, #hunters, #demons, #changelings, #wraith, #mummy and #werewolf. Now this might be a game that has less than 5% of the players playing... but it is a game with many different levels, player types and settings, it does need the right tags - as Vampire players don't want a Werewolf game, or Werewolf players wanting a mage game. I'm sure tagging or adding tags isn't a big thing to ask for - so can we please have someone check every supported character sheet a mentor has then proceed to apply tags that work with it? At the minimal? If not every tag appropriate for each game one could possibly play here? It may not be 'as' important when it comes to DnD as all you need do is apply the edition number, but for pnp's like WoD, you need all the tags.
Gold
Forum Champion
Click on "My Campaigns" in the blue bar at the top of Roll20. There you can click "Edit Tags" as GM and you can put whatever tags you want, unlimited. It has many tags that are not present in the drop-down list for "Playing". Also recommended to mention the words, titles and tags you want, in the main text of the campaign description.
I can edit my personal tags just fine. Infact, the one that has me so irked as to suggest this in the first place has this as a custom tag " Werewolf The Apocalypse (20th Anniv edition) " in place, when I attempt to edit and add to the "PLAYING" field, so people searching could see the tag applied, it does not allow me to save. I click off, it vanishes. The tag does indeed sit in the box for my own personal use, I can see it fine. My players, those seeking to perhaps try my game, do not. As for information for the campaign in question, Werewolf and W20 are mentioned before anyone even needs to click 'read more' - but work arounds shouldn't be required, when tagging is a really really easy thing to add. I'm looking at the list, there's 38+3 total tags. Not enough if you ask me. Wod Alone, requires at least 10 tags, I imagine DnD would need multiple for each edition. Thing kind of thing shouldn't even need to make it to the suggestion forums as it's a simple task. Gold said: Click on "My Campaigns" in the blue bar at the top of Roll20. There you can click "Edit Tags" as GM and you can put whatever tags you want, unlimited. It has many tags that are not present in the drop-down list for "Playing". Also recommended to mention the words, titles and tags you want, in the main text of the campaign description. All I can do as a GM has been done. Players still trip and fall. Also, I've noticed issues for people looking for "World of Darkness" on the official taglist and ending up in New World of Darkness games. Things like this should not happen, the two systems are completely different. (like 3.5 and 4th)
Gold
Forum Champion
If there's something that you click & it does not allow you to save, and you click away and it vanishes -- please do make a thread asking about that in the Bug Reports / Technical Issues forum, in addition to your Suggestions thread. That way a developer or technical person can address the issue and hopefully fix it. The advice I mentioned for the Tags was not a workaround. It is an existing feature of Roll20 on the My Campaigns page, which is actually called TAGS, which is what you are asking about. The "Playing" list is not the only place you can add tags. I just want to be sure you utilized this other Tags space, as you've said you did everything you can. You are correct, of course, the Playing list is limited to around 50 tags, but you can add additional keyword tags on the My Campaigns page too.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .