Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Terms of Service not Appearing

Hi, I have a new player who gets an error message when he's trying to get started, and clicks to see the Terms of Service. He sees, "Server where this page is located isn't responding." At the moment he's using Safari, Version 5.1.7 (7534.57.7) MacOS X, version 10.7.5. He may try and get Firefox loaded, but in the meantime, he isn't willing to sign onto Roll20 without seeing those Terms. Is there a problem? Thanks.

Edited 1426892990
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Problem 1 is that Safari isn't one of our officially supported browsers, which are Chrome and Firefox. Even still, I doubt his issue loading that page is Safari related. I'm going to need more information. Have him follow Steps 1-3, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you.
You're saying that you have no trouble access the page yourself, I assume. Very well, I will try and forward all this information to him. Thank you.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm assuming you mean this site: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Terms_of_Service_and_Priva" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Terms_of_Service_and_Priva</a>... Which I have no trouble accessing.
I have no recollection of how I signed up, and the elements of the procedure, so I don't know where the problem was. He got the error message I provided, which means whatever link appeared wasn't functioning for him. However, I have accessed the link you provided, forwarded it to him, and he's gone ahead with setting up an account, so he's good. Thank you for the link.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Glad your friend is up and rolling.