Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Chat Panel and Some Map Problems

Hey there my players and I are both having troubles getting the chat panel to work without having to pull up the View Campaign Chat Log first. In addition one of my players cannot see the map though the rest of us can. I noticed a post about the chat panel posted about 22 hours ago and it seems he is having the same problems we are. My session starts tomorrow I just wanted to let you guys know and see if you can fix it so that I won't have to cancel tomorrows session thank you
1426892794
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Is your player using the latest version of Chrome browser? Go ahead and send me your game URL and I'll take a look at the chat.
Yes sir he. Everyone in my campaign is if I remember correctly and I know I am but even then I was having similar problems myself today while talking to a few of my players while I worked on some of my Handouts and Character Sheets in game. As for the URL it is on the way gimme just a sec. Thank you!
1426902584
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
There is a known issue with the newest version of Chrome and visual issues. You can find more information, including a work around here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1701776/white-box-in-the-bottom-left-of-maps/#post-1711894" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1701776/white-box-in-the-bottom-left-of-maps/#post-1711894</a> I just checked your campaign and couldn't find anything wrong with the chat. If you feel it's still not working I'll need you to give me more details, including a console log.
Hmm strange. It was definitely acting up before I posted this thread and now seems to be working properly. Me and two other of my players were all having the same problem at the time but seems to have fixed itself I guess. If it is still doing weird things again tomorrow I will make sure to get you some more details though you may have to walk me through obtaining a console log. I'm not really sure what a console log is or how to find it but I will be glad to try if needs be. Thanks again man. Loving the roll20 experience though. It allows me and my long time friends who have moved away to still stay in touch and have a place to continue our old gaming habits together!
1426955390
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You can capture your console log by following these Steps . I'm glad to hear you love Roll20 as much as we do! Good luck with you game.