Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Finding a Better Community

Can anyone identify a better user community than Roll20? Some place where everyone isn't so eager to help everyone else out that they compete over who can help first? I mean really, this friendly and helpful atmosphere is just so alien to the interwebs... API builders, user-generated character sheets, custom Token offers, macro and gameplay setups.. What won't this community help with. It's unnatural. (Just a shout out to everyone to keep up their glorious ways!)
This late at night here I did not understand the post at first! Fine work sir fine work!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm sorry but this post is off-topic and must be removed. :P Sorry just had to say that and this community is what you all (all the members) make it so the congrats to everyone that made this site what it is.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think the City of Heroes community would be up there, at least. The Player Questions forum would often have questions answered within minutes, if not sooner. The creative people produced some really amazing character costumes and SuperGroup bases. There was a community-driven newspaper , of all things. Some of the more technical players hacked apart the game files, procuring the real numbers behind the game's powers, and encouraged the developers to add the information to the game's interface. The number-crunchers had things down to a science, to the point where they convinced the developers to alter animations by fractions of a second to bring things into balance. The Repeat Offenders network broke everyone's expectations of what different classes could do, and the Titan Network drew all of the third-party efforts together. Of course, City of Heroes is gone now. However, prior to the game's sunset, the community worked day and night to save the game. Mercedes Lackey authored the letters sent out to companies like Disney and Valve trying to find someone to buy the IP from NCSoft. Alas, their efforts ultimately failed. However, the community still isn't defeated. Instead of giving up and playing a different game, a group came together and are in the process of building City of Heroes' spiritual successor, City of Titans .
i hurd LoL was teH bestest place ever, followed closely by the COD franchise and WoW. but i r not pro-nuff for there, so ill stay here for my D&D.