Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DM Seeking party to help flesh out homebrew world

Setting: Era'guya has many unique features one of the main ones is a entity called the Laki that draws new and mysterious things to their world. You will all begin as newcomers to the world who get plopped into a random field of grass.  Character Concept :  You may make your character come from any setting or universe you've ever herd of. I have previously had a 15th century samurai, jedi ewok, Serenity setting bounty hunter, All of skyrim has been dropped in the ocean before, kender that got lost in the woods, and even character from eberron and faerun.  Character Creation: Roll 4d6 drop lowest reroll 1s, level 1 Fast progression, 150% max starting gold, no class restrictions but final party may prevent a paladin from joining or equally so a anti-paladin. Have well thought out back-story an share it with at least me, i usually say at least 2 paragraphs. You get one masterwork item that is free, it must have special significance to your character like your Grandmothers Comb, Family Sword, or The Crown of your Kingdom. Time: Time of the game will be determined by the final party. I would however like for this to be weekly.
is this run on 3.5 or 4e or pathfinder?
Pathfinder with 3.5 OGL. Basically anything that is in 3.5 is allowed pending my approval but if pathfinder put out content on it pathfinder supersedes the 3.5 rules. For example if you want to play a fighter then you would use pathfinder fighter.
Now you've piqued my interest. ~_^ I wouldn't mind rolling up a bard, but I'd like to use some of the 3.5 content with the intent of becoming a full-fledged living, breathing buff for the group.
just run anything not in pf by me first. games called "Ripped From Reality" I do allow homebrew but i hold it to pf standards and if it doesn't hold true i reserve the right to retcon or not allow it, but I personally try my best to let my players be what they want with in reason. Just ask.
I guess I should ask for a definition of what you mean by OGL 3.5. Technically speaking, all of 3.5 is now OGL. However, I tend to shy away from actual 3.5 homebrew stuff (like the things found on D&D Wiki) as there's plenty of material to draw from WotC 3.5 materials + Pathfinder.
I would be interested in this concept and like to join if the intended time would make it possible for me.
Do we just send you a character sheet as an application of sorts?
3.5 OGL as i see it is all content that has been published tied to 3.5. However i include all d20 based gaming as plausable options with proper modifications. I have converted a 4e char to PF, I have no problem with 3rd party content or using homebrew stuff, but if see to many problems or its blatantly imbalanced I reserve the right to disallow it, If you do present something that is determined to problematic I will make suggestions within pathfinder or other published material on how to achieve the same effect. Here's the URL if it doesn't work its Ripped from Reality. Make a post for your char and post any rule questions in the char creation thread.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/135875/ripped-from-reality" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/135875/ripped-from-reality</a>