Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tracker Question

Jedd
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
Is there a way to use the @{target|token_name} function instead of the @{selected|token_name} function with &{tracker} helper? I often hit initiative without checking to make sure I've selected my character first.

Edited 1427140497
Unfortunately, no. The &{tracker} specifically works off the currently selected token, irrespective of other portions of the macro. I recommend making your Initiative macro an Abilitiy on your Character Journal. As an Ability, it will only show up in the top bar when you have your token selected. Since you have to hit your token to use it, you don't have to remember to select anything.
That is how I do it. I have a general "Initiative" macro that asks for adjustments, and a set of custom buttons for characters weapons of choice or commonly executed actions.
Jedd
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
Thanks guys, I think I'll move his initiative over to a token ability.