Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

It could be because it is late...Help needed with a macro

The macro is a conversation macro made so one character can speak to another without anyone, including me, seeing it. As it is now: /w @{target|token_name} ?{"What"|um} @{selected|token_name} *speaks low.* This tells us who is talking and sends the chat as a whisper to the recipient and tells the party that character is speaking low. What I want: I would like the recipient to be named, and it doesn't work to say, @{selected|token_name} *speaks low.* to @{target|token_name} Any ideas on how to make this fly?
How about this? /me speaks low to @{target|listener|token_name} /w @{target|listener|token_name} ?{"What"|um} And GM version, for use when an NPC whispers to a PC... /emas @{target|speaker|token_name} speaks low to @{target|listener|token_name} /w @{target|listener|token_name} ?{"What"|um} (If it looks familiar, it's because I stole it from you) :) Honestly, I don't know what the difference is, except that I use an emote - but it seems to work correctly for me in the chat window.

Edited 1427178486
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What isn't working? I just tested your macro and it seems to work fine so long as both the target token is representing a character.
That's weird, I tested it too, and it didn't work at first, then I posted my reply. Now I tested al e.'s again, and it worked. Strange.
So it was a server thing earlier the &Tracker was not working. Thanks
No I tested it again it still hangs up. Back to the drawing board.