Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to change the order of Token Actions?

This is driving me nuts. My Action buttons don't appear in the order of my Abilities. I try to change the order of my Abilities to the order I want them to display in, but the drag 'n' drop functionality has ceased to work for me altogether on the Attributes and Abilities tab. I love how you can drag around the macros at the bottom of the screen and wish I could do the same thing at the top, or at least resequence these some other way. Right now all of my tokens' Action appear in a different sequence so it slows me down having to hunt for just the button I want every time I need one. Thanks!
Malcom if you have more than ~10 or so abilities defined it seems to put them in a random order. If you move an ability on the Attributes and Abilities tab (and move it back if necessary) it should reorder them. Please note that if you add more abilities to this tab they will again appear out of order until you manually move something (and move it back).
I asked the same question just a couple days ago. One thing I found is that if you have even one of your macros from the setting tab marked as "show as a token action" it will muck up the order of the token action bar for the stuff from the abilities page. So keep that in mind. Once I stopped using my general macros as token actions I was able to arrange the players token actions.
Thanks, guys. The killer seems to be that i can't drag 'n' drop things anymore, for all practical purposes. I used to be able to. I thought maybe it was because I was using a beta version of Chrome, but I switched over to Safari and experienced the same thing. The Abilities don't eally respond when I try to drag 'n' drop or they behave very slowly or very unpredictably. At this point it might make more sense to have a little box that you could put a number in and have the button appear in the order specified by the numbers.
I had that happen to me last week when I was working on the game... things that I could normally drag and drop to reorder on the 5e Character Sheet suddenly seemed to prefer liking where they were and refusing to budge. >.<
Ah the joys of unexpected behavior after a browser update. A fair number of random issues crop up now and then after a browser update and are often fixed again after the next update. For that reason I keep both Chrome and Firefox handy