Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't reliably reorder Token Actions (in Attributes and Abilities tab)

This has stopped working altogether. Well—not quite true; I can kinda sort get them to change after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, but sometimes not even then. My teeth are ground to nubs. I'm working in Chrome beta 42 and the latest Safari and experience the same behavior in both browers. Thanks!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Are you using both macros-as-tokenactions from the geartab and abilities from the character journal? If that is the case, switch over to purely one or the other and then you should be able to arrange them to your liking. For some reason, they don't play nicely together. If not, can you further describe your setup?
No, someone else suggested that so I went and turned off the one I had running from the geartab and the difficulties persist. By setup, what can I provide that would be helpful? Do you mean hardware and software? Or details about how I've set up my tokens? Thanks!
They're not orderable by the current design. I asked this awhile ago.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I use exclusively abilities, and the order of my abilities is the order of my token-actions. Sometimes they get out of sync, but I fix it by moving one of the abilities down a spot and then back up a spot. I hope this helps.
Gauss
Forum Champion
The current Token Action design is not intended to be re-orderable. However, you can re-order them by re-ordering the order of Abilities in the character sheet. However, there are two limitations to this method. 1) If you are using Macros (settings tab Macros) in your Token Action tab that will mess up the order. 2) If you use more than 10 Abilities then the order will break down.
Thanks, GenKitty. The problem is I can't physically move the Abilities in their order list. Nothing happens when I try to drag and drop them OR it behaves very erratically. I used to reliably grab them by their little"handle" and drag them around, yes. No more.
Gauss
Forum Champion
[b]Malcom[/b], how many Abilities do you have? Are you using Macros in the Token Action bar? In order to organize the Token Action bar the following must be true: 1) No more than 10 Abilities 2) No Macros (settings tab Macros) in the Token Action bar. 3) You reorganized the Abilities into the desired order on your character (not in the Token Action bar itself).