Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

It's live!

Go and get it while it's hot: <a href="http://blog.roll20.net/post/115133223435/roll20-for-ipad-and-android-live" rel="nofollow">http://blog.roll20.net/post/115133223435/roll20-for-ipad-and-android-live</a>
What are the citeria for device compatibility. Play store says none of my devices are compatible!
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
Is there a wiki for it?
LochaberAxe said: What are the citeria for device compatibility. Play store says none of my devices are compatible! Android Tablet with 4.4+ installed Black Falcon said: Is there a wiki for it? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_for_iPad_and_Android" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_for_iPad_and_Android</a>
Suck that they made it require 4.4 :\
Unfortunately it's been confirmed by dev that there's a fundamental change to 4.4 which means they can't practically open it up to older versions (essentially the web engine that renders everything now runs on Chrome/Chromium rather than the fairly generic old "browser").
Will there be an android phone compatible version down the road?
can't use it due to 4.4, perhaps down the road maybe.
hey guys did someone can tell me if the nvidia shield can be used to play in roll 20 ?
Abraham R. said: hey guys did someone can tell me if the nvidia shield can be used to play in roll 20 ? Do you mean the tablet? If so then yes, the SHIELD works fine running both the website and the app.
Hey will we be able to use it on our iPhone soon or not because that would have helped so much
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kyle L. said: Hey will we be able to use it on our iPhone soon or not because that would have helped so much The app is designed for tablets, not phones.
can we get this for amazon or itunes
Would be nice to unlock the app for &gt;5 inches Android devices, even if the app is designed for larger screens. I'm sure it will work very well on 5.5 like Galaxy Note Devices.
Didnt work on my 8 inch tablet. Just saying.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Saevar, can you provide the specs for your tablet? Is it in the set of supported devices?
wish i could use it on note4 with the stylus
is it only for tablet ? (Android), i have note 10 with android 4.1 and HTC one m8 with Android 5 both devices incompatible...
Mandella said: Abraham R. said: hey guys did someone can tell me if the nvidia shield can be used to play in roll 20 ? Do you mean the tablet? If so then yes, the SHIELD works fine running both the website and the app. yes, i was talking about the nvidia shield tablet thanks for the answer.
I put this on my iPad and all it does is ask for a GM TO SCAN A BAR CODE

Edited 1433773621
Matthew, the App acts as a more specialized version of the regular Roll20 website. You still need to join a Roll20 campaign in order to use the App. If you are playing at a table with a pyhsical group instead, you can create your own blank campaign in Roll20.net (the website) first, and join that. The QR code for scanning, is an experimental feature meant to give GM's an easy way to invite players to their campaign while in person. It's not required.
Don't suppose this will come out for the Iphone as well?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Nolan stated in the Live Q&A that they are not planning to enable or support phones: <a href="http://youtu.be/fby5hHYVagE" rel="nofollow">http://youtu.be/fby5hHYVagE</a>
Awesome addition!
Are macros available on the ipad version?
Only Abilities on your Character Journal, not Macros. The app is focused around your character journal and chat.&nbsp; There's no tabletop, tokens, or macros.
I have a 10" samsung Tab4, it works... slow and laggy, but it works. &nbsp;is there anyway to make it work better/ faster ? &nbsp;when I press any of the tabs it takes forever and when trying to roll it really slows down. &nbsp;And forget about running Skype and app.... I have to run Skype on phone, app on tablet, and game on laptop.. (Skype won't run on my laptop since it's like 15 years old and uses XP)
Brian said: I have a 10" samsung Tab4, it works... slow and laggy, but it works. &nbsp;is there anyway to make it work better/ faster ? &nbsp;when I press any of the tabs it takes forever and when trying to roll it really slows down. &nbsp;And forget about running Skype and app.... I have to run Skype on phone, app on tablet, and game on laptop.. (Skype won't run on my laptop since it's like 15 years old and uses XP) What character sheet are you using in the game? Some of the more complicated ones take a lot of resources to run...
it's a pathfinder game.
ive been trying to load the android app and havent been able to use it what so ever anyone have any tips
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Brian, Pathfinder and the 5e sheet are probably the two "heaviest" sheets on roll20 and require some horsepower to run smoothly. &nbsp;You could try running with one of the other PF sheets. &nbsp;They aren't as heavy in features, but they should work just fine.
Can this be customised so that the Compendium link goes somewhere other than pathfinder? &nbsp;We play 13th age and would love to make it go there. Also the 3d dice don't display on my iPad Air. &nbsp;They work on my friend's iPad mini. &nbsp;Any ideas? otherwise - awesome!! Blakey

Edited 1442778696
Too bad this doesn't work with my Nextbook it'd be great to have a character sheet next to me.
This looks helpful...
yes
Hi, im trying to load a campaign using the app on my iPad 3 running IOS 9.1 but I can't see a map all I get is the white screen with faint square overlay. I can chose the campaign and it seems to try to load although I don't get the countdown. mike
Anyone? Does the app show map?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Mike, please refer to the&nbsp; wiki on this subject for full details, however here is the relevant part for you: Roll20 Wiki says: In-App Elements Roll20 for iPad and Roll20 for Android take advantage of the Roll20 Compendium , Journal entries, Text Chat , Dice Rolling (including 3D Dice ), and Character Sheets . The Settings tab of Roll20 for Android and Roll20 for iPad allows you to "Change Game", and also toggle 3D Dice and Chat Avatars.
had a question on the full use of the roll20 App. i looked over at the wiki and didn't see any information on full use stuff. I know pro and above users get use of the app fully but lets say someone makes a game (like myself)- free user, and makes a another player gm and they are pro or above will the app work for all? or does the person who made the game have to be pro or above? cheers and the app by the way looks great!
Doesn't work for me anymore. It launches, I pick my campaign, it goes to the loading screen, it cycles through the loading messages for a few minutes, and then the app crashes. Sometimes it doesn't crash, but it just keeps loading. I can click on the icons at the bottom, but they don't do anything. I can access the mobile site from chrome, but that's difficult to use on a 7" screen.&nbsp; I'm using a Sero 7 Pro running Android 5.1
Hell yeah!
this doesnt work on iphone?
Useless on iPad 2. If there is something I can do to make it work better let me know!
Chris R. said: had a question on the full use of the roll20 App. i looked over at the wiki and didn't see any information on full use stuff. I know pro and above users get use of the app fully but lets say someone makes a game (like myself)- free user, and makes a another player gm and they are pro or above will the app work for all? or does the person who made the game have to be pro or above? cheers and the app by the way looks great! I realize it's a month later, but no one seems to be offering a reply. The creator of the campaign is what determines the features available. Promoting a player to assist with GM'ing makes them a "Co-GM", which does not have the full permissions of the original creator. PLUS accounts and higher gain access to the Roll20 virtual tabletop over mobile devices ( The mobile *APP* is different, and just contains the chat window and journal/sheet access;&nbsp; no tabletop )
Does roll20 mobile support voice? I read it does not support video chat, but does it support just voice?
I don't think it allows us to use voice as it does not even let us look at the map...
I'm trying to understand why I would want to use an app (especially one with limited functionality) when the web site works perfectly fine on my tablet, including map, macros, API, 3D dice, etc. What am I missing?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
More like a character sheet with benefits...? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_for_iPad_and_Androi" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_for_iPad_and_Androi</a>...
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
The app is set up to allow you to use character sheets, rolls, and chat (whispers/GM secrets perhaps? :D ) while playing an in-person game. So, I get everyone to come over to my house for a game of what ever, we're using a physical map on my table and actual miniatures, but the character sheet can be kept on Roll20 and accessed by everyone through the app and I can have them roll directly off of it so all the bonuses and penalties are accounted for.&nbsp; Especially if I'm playing a math/calculation-heavy game (say Rollmaster), it speeds things up a lot by allowing my players (and myself) to not have to calculate everything manually. I have also experimented with having the app running on my tablet to allow me to keep a character sheet open on it while playing Roll20 on the computer, but for me, just popping the character sheet out into it's own window is easier/better.