Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pop-out chat plays notification sound all the time.

I just discovered the pop-out chat today. Awesome feature! However, now that I've got the chat situated nicely on another screen, I've noticed that the chat notification blip (that normally plays when I'm either on another tab, or don't have the browser window selected) now plays every single time someone (including me) sends a chat message. Perhaps we need to have the window focus set to the pop-out window, instead of the main window when we have the chat-popped out. Also the chat notification when you have another tab selected doesn't make any sense with the chat popped out, since it would be impossible to have the chat tab selected.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the report Andrew. Pop-out chat isn't officially supported yet. This is one of many little polishes we're working on.
Good to know, thanks. The only reason I even figured out it was a thing was when I accidentally double-clicked the chat tab.