Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Unable to open closed Handouts

Edited 1427810997
Hi, first let me say I've discovered roll20 a couple of days ago and so far I'm super impressed, this said I've encountered an annoying bug: I cannot open handouts that I previously closed. So, I can create handouts without problem, and I can open them once, no problem there, but if I close a handout I cannot open it again until I refresh the page. I am preparing my first campaign and since we'll be playing an "unsupported game" I was scanning tables from the core rulebook to link them to the character's sheet and leave everything ready for prime time, but this has slowed me down quite a bit. At first I noticed chrome was blocking popups , so I told it to always allow them and also manually checked it was added to the exception list. Since it persisted I also completely disabled AdBlock, (thought I had it set to not run in roll20). I also restarted the whole PC after doing all this just in case, but it didn't work so I ran out of ideas. I still believe it is browser related but can't find the cause. Just to be clear, it's just handouts that have this weird behavior, characters, macros and tables all open again as expected. Technical details: Browser: Chrome 42.0.2311.60, I am using the Beta version because of the graphical glitch, maybe this is the cause OS: Win 7 64 Javascript & Cookies : enabled Desktop resolution: 3840x1080, running a dual screen setup. Feel free to ask for more details if they are needed, thanks in advance. UPDATE: Just switched to Firefox and the issue is indeed Chrome related, no problems at all with Firefox. I might try to revert my Chrome to the stable branch and see if that works too.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We had put in a fix for the Chrome beta. We just tested it on 42.0.2311.68 beta-m on Windows 7 and it was working. If you update to the latest version of the beta are you still having trouble?
Updated to the latest beta and now everything is working. Thank you very much, I was starting to think I was the only one with this issue ^^.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Great! Glad that fixed it for you. Happy rolling.