Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Are you new to roll20, would like to learn Pathfinder read this.

OK, I am going to run a one shot Pathfinder learning game with pre-gen characters.  This was inspired by a new GM in another thread wanting to play a session or two in roll20 before running a game of their own.  I have two players interested from that other thread and I am looking for 2 more. This is meant to be a tutorial game, so please let the people who are new to roll20, pathfinder or hopefully both take the 2 slots first. If this is successful I will try and repeat the same game weekly to help people out.   The time and day are up in the air right now but to accommodate one of the players that is currently in it, this weeks game will probably be very late or super early in the day. 
Hi. Super new to roll20, and I've never played pathfinder. I'm more than willing to learn. If you have a thief/rogue character, I would prefer that role.
cool will send you invite Steven
Oh this would be fantastic, I dont think I've ever played Path Finder (despite owning one of the books, was in a big box of stuff I bought from a friend) I literally just found Roll20 today too, so I qualify I think :P
Sure welcome Liam.  I now have 4 players and hopefully we are looking at running the game sometime Monday will discuss in game forums. For anyone else interested, like I said above I am more than happy to re run this one shot adventure for groups of 4 that are new to roll20.  Right now it is set up for pathfinder but if the next group wants to learn 4E or D&D Next I am cool with that too.
Awesome, mondays great for me too :D
Hello. I have recently found about and registered to roll20, and would like to learn the system with your help, if you are still accepting players. Thank you in advance.
Jake I plan on running this multiple times, the first time I do so will be Midnight on Monday and that game is full.  Had a player with an akward schedule and that was best fit time wise.  I do like the idea of running this adventure multiple times to help out different people so later in the week/maybe sometime this upcoming weekend will run it again you can have first slot in that game.
New to roll20, never completed a character in Pathfinder, I know D&D 3.5, but not Pathfinder... I'd like to learn them both
Thank you, John R. I would appreciate it if you could contact me for the next game, in case I fail to find/notice your new topic. Just in case, here is my Skype:  Koi.Yashal Looking forward to hearing from you, and have fun on Monday.
Hey!  Sounds like a great idea.  I'm very new to tabletop D&D and roll20 but love the genre.  I would be very interested in playing one of these tutorial matches the next time your run it.  Monday's work great for me, anytime after 6pm EST.  Also could be flexible for other nights of the week.  Goodluck on monday!
I love to try it more to get to know roll20 and brush up on pathfinder
i would like to join one of these as well
I know you said that it was full, but I am also new to roll20 and also new to DnD/Pathfinder and everything. Would love it if you could include me on one of these things.
Is this still Open? I could use a tutorial in both Roll20 and DnD/Pathfinder )imo Pathfinder looks more interesting to me because sometimes I feel that DnD rules have some counter-intuitiveness to it.) Problem is I don't have a mic or a webcam cause my computer is super old. I'm gonna go get a set eventually but I've always wondered if it was absolutely necessary for Roll20. I mean I understand that those things are what makes these this thing so awesome but is it a requirement?
I don't use a cam myself and a lot of the people I have gamed with don't either.  But a mic, well a headset mic combo so people don't hear themselves over your speakers is a very good thing to have.  Without the voice interaction it just doesn't feel even close to playing at the same table.   As far as the starter game goes I can run the next one sometime during the day on Wednesday or Thursday. Friday Night and Saturday daytime are also possibilites but not all of those times just probably one of them depending on players availability will send out invites to people soon.
All right then. I'll see if I can grab a cheap set asap then. I'm available during pretty much all those times too but I guess Wednesday and Thursday is preferrable cause I'm free those days.
Hi there. I'm completely new to everything! I am very very interested in learning though. Please consider me =) I work nights mon-fri (PST). So something that's not super early (As I work until 8am EST/5am PST), would be fantastic. Thanks so much for this!