Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[4/8/15] [5E] Looking for players to play RIGHT NOW! Will be running 2-3 one-shots today for vets and newbies alike!

Edited 1428554608
All game slots are now filled! Thanks for all the support, I'll be sure to do this again! EDIT: Game 3 has been delayed half an hour to accommodate for DM's dinner, as well as character sheets and setup! EDIT EDIT: I may be slightly late, sorry guys. Apparently we're going out spontaneously, so it may stretch to/past 8:30 PM PST. Hiya everyone! I'm Benson, aka Toothless on Skype. With the lack of GMs in Roll20, and the growing population of players who WANT to play, but just can't get into a game, I'm going to try to alleviate that a bit. I'm going to be running multiple one-shots today for about 2-3 hours if anyone would like to play! There will be multiple games, so reply anyways even if there's a lot of people! If you do not have a character sheet, you're a complete newbie, or both, don't worry! My DMing style focuses on teaching as you go, while having a ton of fun roleplaying. Post your name, class, and a short description background please, and I'll get to ya as quickly as I can! First come, first serve. (Times subject to change; return here to keep posted) Game One (Maybe; could blend in w/ second game) Game One is now full! Time: 2 pm - 4 pm PST, or 5pm - 7pm EST Game Two (Level 3 Characters) Game Two is now full! Time: 5 pm - 7 pm PST, or 8 pm - 10 pm EST Game Three (Level 5 Characters) Game Three is now full! Time: 8:30 pm PST - 11:30 pm PST, or 11:30 pm - 2:30 pm EST
Gaius L'estrange , Bard, Entertainer
Seven K. said: Gaius L'estrange , Bard, Entertainer Whoopes, sorry, should've made myself clear. A short description of your character's background please!

Edited 1428521365
I am 25 and have played ad&d 2e when I was in my teens and some as an adult. I would need help in character creation with 5E. I do have the players handbook and have read through it a few times. Some things are still confusing to me. So I am new to 5E and Roll20. Strag Onell, Elf, Druid. I would love to play a playfully skittish wood elf druid who's life was turned upside down when an extremest Church of Sylvanus (God of wild nature) group usurped my home deep in a forest and separated me from my family. I was chased from my home and found myself close to an unknown town.
Gaius L'estrange , Bard, Entertainer. Was born into a traveling troupe who preformed various acts across the lands. Unfortunately the group ran into some money problems and wound up borrowing gold from some unsavory criminals. Unable to pay back their debt on time, they were attacked by some hired thugs. The higher ranking members of the troupe were killed and now Gaius along with some of the survivors have inherited their debt.
Matthew L. said: I am 25 and have played ad&d 2e when I was in my teens and some as an adult. I would need help in character creation with 5E. I do have the players handbook and have read through it a few times. Some things are still confusing to me. So I am new to 5E and Roll20. Strag Onell, Elf, Druid. I would love to play a playfully skittish wood elf druid who's life was turned upside down when an extremest Church of Sylvanus (God of wild nature) group usurped my home deep in a forest and separated me from my family. I was chased from my home and found myself close to an unknown town. No problem! I'll pick up a premade character for ya and I'll teach ya as we go. It's a LOT easier to learn and understand the character sheet than making one. You're in! Seven K. said: Gaius L'estrange , Bard, Entertainer. Was born into a traveling troupe who preformed various acts across the lands. Unfortunately the group ran into some money problems and wound up borrowing gold from some unsavory criminals. Unable to pay back their debt on time, they were attacked by some hired thugs. The higher ranking members of the troupe were killed and now Gaius along with some of the survivors have inherited their debt. Wow, awesome! Sounds good man, you're in!
I'm a first time player and I'd love to join. I'm working tonight but should be on in time for game 2 or 3 if you'll have me!
Nick T. said: I'm a first time player and I'd love to join. I'm working tonight but should be on in time for game 2 or 3 if you'll have me! Sweet, sounds good! Reserved a spot for ya, just post back here when you're ready.

Edited 1428523364
I would like to play in either the 2 or 3rd game...let me know ill play anything I am new to roll 20 so never got to play on the system yet. But i know 5th ed pretty well.

Edited 1428523857
i might even be able to make the first...I have a first lvl paladin ready to play named Quinn

Edited 1428523918
Shane C. said: i might even be able to make the first Up to ya man, I reserved a spot for ya in the 1st game in the meantime. I'll hold it until 1:30pm PST, in about 20 minutes. In the meantime, think about your name, class, and background. EDIT: OH okay, sure! Get back to me in 20 minutes or so if you're up to play.
im david 27 new to roll 20 and 5th edition not D&D tho. looking to play a sorcerer.
david d. said: im david 27 new to roll 20 and 5th edition not D&D tho. looking to play a sorcerer. Sweet, sounds good! I can pull up a premade character for you to use, it's a ton easier than spending an hour making characters and teaching you it. Added!
Experienced player, usually DM, ready to play in session 2 or 3, playing a halfling sorceror, who spends his days travelling this world with his mule and his cart, finding new stories to tell, brightening the hearts of peasants and womenfolk whever he goes.
Garreth M. said: Experienced player, usually DM, ready to play in session 2 or 3, playing a halfling sorceror, who spends his days travelling this world with his mule and his cart, finding new stories to tell, brightening the hearts of peasants and womenfolk whever he goes. Sounds good, reserved! Reply back here around the beginning of the game you want and I'll add ya right in.
Experienced player, would love to test out a few characters. Consider me interested! How many slots do you have open for the three games so far? Willing to play any role that's needed. And I'm in central time zone US, currently it's about 3:40 PM
Trendy said: Experienced player, would love to test out a few characters. Consider me interested! How many slots do you have open for the three games so far? Willing to play any role that's needed. And I'm in central time zone US, currently it's about 3:40 PM Game 1: 1 slot open Game 2-3: 8 slots open An additional player right now would be awesome. Ya up for it?
I'm in. Add me trendyglende on skype
Alright, Game One is now full guys.
I'd join session 2 if it starts at 7.30, or session 3 if it starts at 8.
I'm definitely interested. I'm new to roll20 and DnD 5e. I mainly play pathfinder but have been interested in trying out 5e for a while now. If I were to play i'd be interested in playing either a monk or rogue. Background ideas are for monk: his life goal is to help others realize their potential, and for rogue: after being neglected by his other 5 siblings and never being able to eat any of the dessert at dinner since his older siblings ate it all, he is in search of the perfect chocolate pudding.
Afk from here, running the session now. I'll get back to you guys later!
Just finished up, anyone who wants to hop into the next session in half an hour post here now! Furii said: I'm definitely interested. I'm new to roll20 and DnD 5e. I mainly play pathfinder but have been interested in trying out 5e for a while now. If I were to play i'd be interested in playing either a monk or rogue. Background ideas are for monk: his life goal is to help others realize their potential, and for rogue: after being neglected by his other 5 siblings and never being able to eat any of the dessert at dinner since his older siblings ate it all, he is in search of the perfect chocolate pudding. Sweet, sounds good man! Ya up to play in Game 2 or 3? Depending on how many people we get, we may play only one instead of both.
I'm in for game 3 won't be home for another hour or so
I'd like to hop-in on game two, if there's room. I'm planning on playing the Human Fighter (Folk Hero) from the 5e starter set pre-gen characters. I can also play any of the other starter set pre-gens or other provided character sheet need be. I have a good bit of 4e experience but not much with 5e, so I'm looking to learn what the new edition brings.
Hi! I'm definitely up for Game 2 if possible! I've played a one-shot campaign before and that's pretty much all the tabletop-experience I have. I'm up to play basically any character, whatever is needed! Maybe a dwarf cleric who has just realized his temple has consecrated the name of his deity and has decided to join the army. Or a human rogue who's been impersonating a noble for a couple of months after looting the body of a caravan attacked by bandits. Maybe a ranger half-elf who's homeland was destroyed by a wandering troupe of tieflings. Whatever we need basically
I'm down for game 2
I'm definitely down for session 2, if it's starting at 7.30.
Furii said: I'm definitely interested. I'm new to roll20 and DnD 5e. I mainly play pathfinder but have been interested in trying out 5e for a while now. If I were to play i'd be interested in playing either a monk or rogue. Background ideas are for monk: his life goal is to help others realize their potential, and for rogue: after being neglected by his other 5 siblings and never being able to eat any of the dessert at dinner since his older siblings ate it all, he is in search of the perfect chocolate pudding. Awesome! Ya ready to hop in Game 2? Build a level 3 character please! xXNuckyXx said: I'm in for game 3 won't be home for another hour or so Sounds good, reserved! For Game Three, build level 5 characters please! Ian G. said: I'd like to hop-in on game two, if there's room. I'm planning on playing the Human Fighter (Folk Hero) from the 5e starter set pre-gen characters. I can also play any of the other starter set pre-gens or other provided character sheet need be. I have a good bit of 4e experience but not much with 5e, so I'm looking to learn what the new edition brings. Awesome! You're in! Game Two is now closed! Awaiting on Nick or Garreth if they'll hop in. Steven Y. said: Hi! I'm definitely up for Game 2 if possible! I've played a one-shot campaign before and that's pretty much all the tabletop-experience I have. I'm up to play basically any character, whatever is needed! Maybe a dwarf cleric who has just realized his temple has consecrated the name of his deity and has decided to join the army. Or a human rogue who's been impersonating a noble for a couple of months after looting the body of a caravan attacked by bandits. Maybe a ranger half-elf who's homeland was destroyed by a wandering troupe of tieflings. Whatever we need basically Shoot sorry bud, Game Two is now closed now due to reservations. If any of the two don't show up by gametime though, or if you want to reserve something in Game Three, that's all good, that'll be cool.
Slightly delayed guys. Game Two will be at 5pm PST or 8pm EST.
That's fine by me, I'm excited to play. Waiting on the campaign invite - do you need my skype as well?
Ian G. said: That's fine by me, I'm excited to play. Waiting on the campaign invite - do you need my skype as well? Sent it out, check your private messages!
Still looking for spots for game 3? Halfling rouge. Giddeon wildfingers. Entertainer background part of a traveling caraven. Orphaned at birth and was picked up one day by said caravan. One day wild hunting for the rest of the group the caraven was attacked by something and all of giddeons friends were killed or captured. His best friend a elven seer always forsaw great adventure for him and he hopes to find this in avenging his friends someday. For now he gets by as a street performing with his tumbling / sharpshooter act he performed with the caravan and stealing whatever else he needs to survive.
Premade sheet would be nice as well new to 5e but fairly familiar with the rules just don't own my own book to make a character
All game slots are now reserved or taken! Brian R. said: Still looking for spots for game 3? Halfling rouge. Giddeon wildfingers. Entertainer background part of a traveling caraven. Orphaned at birth and was picked up one day by said caravan. One day wild hunting for the rest of the group the caraven was attacked by something and all of giddeons friends were killed or captured. His best friend a elven seer always forsaw great adventure for him and he hopes to find this in avenging his friends someday. For now he gets by as a street performing with his tumbling / sharpshooter act he performed with the caravan and stealing whatever else he needs to survive. Thanks for sending it in! I think I'll have to see, but most of it seems like it's reserved up. Stick around that time though, shoot me a PM! I'll see if anyone backs out or doesn't show at the last minute.
Sounds good. I'm at work currently but I'll send you a pm when I get home to check the status

Edited 1428543243
If a spot opens up for game 3, I'm interested! Elena Zhar, Sorcerer Elena's power over fire manifested at an early age, and her parents, knowing little of magic, weren't sure what to do with her. After burning down their home a few times, they decided it was best to send her off to learn to control her spells with an old hermit dwelling deep in the desert. Eventually her master grew weak with a sickness, then died with Elena's training incomplete. Elena returns now to civilization, trying to find a use for her power while also seeking out her teacher's last secrets.
Adam M. said: If a spot opens up for game 3, I'm interested! Elena Zhar, Sorcerer Elena's power over fire manifested at an early age, and her parents, knowing little of magic, weren't sure what to do with her. After burning down their home a few times, they decided it was best to send her off to learn to control her spells with an old hermit dwelling deep in the desert. Eventually her master grew weak with a sickness, then died with Elena's training incomplete. Elena returns now to civilization, trying to find a use for her power while also seeking out her teacher's last secrets. Sweet, thanks for the application! I'll be sure to keep you posted, or if not, get ya in next time I do this for sure!
Shoot, timing issues and being dragged out to dinner screwed up a bit. >.< We're looking for 2-3 more people to fill in some reserved slots! First come, first serve, we're playing right now!
im still free pm me
Playing the session now. Thanks for sending in your applications!