Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Would anyone be interested in these being made into a Marketplace set?

PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Just messing about and wondered if there'd be any appetite for a range like Dungeon Buddies but for sci-fi. Probably a slight retro feel to them, and a variety of non-copyright aliens. Sound off if you have an opinion either way, it's appreciated! :)
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
LOL! +1
+1, sci-fi isnt my bag, but hell your production quality is far above a lot of other Marketplace vendors. no doubt someone out there would greatly appreciate your contributions to their games.
I'm not a Sci-Fi gamer either, but I do love the look of the Dungeon Buddies collection and I think this is a great idea. One thing: "Galaxy Buddies" just doesn't roll off the tongue very smoothly, it's kind of awkward to say. How about calling this collection something like "Astro Buddies"? It's easier to say and I think it's more in keeping with the slight retro-feel you say you're going for.
I concur with Astro Buddies.
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Thanks guys, Astro Buddies it is then. You're definitely right in that that rolls of the tongue better. Seems like there's a general positive feedback for this (This style just was NOT right for Cyberpunk, and I appreciated people letting me know) and the Astro Buddies are a little less portly than their Dungeon Buddy counterparts. Are there any alien tropes that you'd want to see in the Marketplace for your particular brand of Roll20 sci-fi? I'm thinking feline aliens, spider-aliens, something aquatic, some green and blue skinned humanoids, a furry yeti species... but are there other ones you'd find useful? Remember though this is generic tropes, not "An Edoan from Star Trek", as these are the intellectual property of various companies etc. - thanks for your input!
Stupid copyright law... seventy years or more is just way too damned long.
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
I'm with you there my Ratel friend. However, in the interests of obeying the code of conduct I'm going to forgo my standard how-to-fix-copyright-law rant and focus back in on what benefits the fantastic gaming community we have here on Roll20 :)