Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Journal notes formatting selected text

Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm having some issues formatting selected text while I'm editing a journal note. Often when I select some text and try to apply formatting to it, such as Header 1, Header 2, etc., it not only changes the selected text, but nearby text as well. This is especially noticeable inside table cells, where it usually is applying the formatting to the entire cell contents instead of just the selected text.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The "styles" in the dropdown are all block elements. Header 1 is, literally <h1>. They're not something that you use to change the appearance of a word in the middle of a sentence. It's also worth mentioning that the rich text box used is from a third party; they made the decision to wrap the entire paragraph in <h1> when you click Heading 1, instead of only applying it to the selected text (which would then turn one line into three, if you selected a piece of text in the middle of a line). Except quote, for some reason. I don't pretend to have an ear to the wall of the design meeting for the tool. ;)