Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Official support for repeating sections in character sheets

Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
The current solution of using the repeating sections directly from the sheets is kind of a pain when I'm able to use all the static sections without needing to open the sheet. What I'd like to see is support for calling a repeating attribute that hasn't been modified and getting the appropriate default value, be able to use a repeating attribute that references other repeating attributes, and it'd be nice to call repeating buttons directly in a macro or token ability. Even if the repeating section just got default value support, which appears possible since I can set a token bar to a repeating attribute, that would be a tremendous help.
It would also be very useful to be able to tally up a specific field from all repeating rows. For example, an equipment section where each piece of equipment has a weight. It would be nice to be able to tally up that weight so that it can be compared for encumbrance.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Essentially, repeating sections need to be 1st class character sheet citizens with support for - Everything that other non repeating sections currently have including full access to fields/roll buttons A mechanism for players to re-order rows (drag and drop??? buttons to move rows up/down a list???)
+1 to making repeating sections first class citizens in the character sheet world.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
+1 Please.
+1

Edited 1415102582
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes please. Until this happens, sheet authors have to make the judgement call between quantity and utility.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Is this why we can't drag and drop to the micro bar yet?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
It's the main reason. Repeating sections don't follow the conventions of static sections i.e. they don't save their data to any attributes.
+1
+1
+1 This is important and can open up more possibilities for all sheets, making them much more efficient than just manual typing things into the chat to roll (a common complain of my players is they find it faster to just roll manually then open the sheet and clicking all the buttons for their attacks)
+1, please!
+1
+1
+1
+1
Sam
Sheet Author
+1
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Still have my fingers crossed for this. I assume(ignorance is bliss) that there would need to be some sort of function that stored and retrieved the repeatable item's attributes?
+1
+1
+1 absolutely
+1
+1
Oh lord have I fought the repeating sections tooth and nail. Can't use their rolls as token actions, can't refer to them as %{repeating_rweapon_0_attack}, can't tally them all up, can't rearrange them, can't set default sections that can be deleted (particularly in GURPS where I'd like to have a sheet assume humanoid body parts but allow it to be changed into something else like a tank), can't nest them (listing out all ammo for a gun). The extra functionality would go a long way.
+1
a definite +1 from me
+1 Apparently this is needed so that the DnD 5e character sheet can support casting spells as token actions. Would very much like to do that in my game.

Edited 1427668682
Kaishi said: +1 Apparently this is needed so that the DnD 5e character sheet can support casting spells as token actions. Would very much like to do that in my game. Yeah, anything in a repeating section can't be dragged off into the macro bar either. Since most attacks, spells, powers, feats, et cetera are going to be in a repeating section, this means the vast majority of macro buttons you would want to show up in the token bar don't. And we have no ability allow the player to selectively choose which buttons can be made token actions, they can only choose which ones stay on the bottom macro bar at all times; this makes it difficult for GM's who need to control several monsters at once who might have all sorts of attack options. Hopefully this can get a higher priority because Roll20 character sheets are at their best when they're closed.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This would be immensely helpful for all sheets. Please make it so!
+1
+1
+1
I'd like this too.
+1 just ran into this issue
+1 Don't understand what "repeating section" means, but ... This feature would be a huge bonus. As the GM it's hard to explain to PCs why some buttons can be dragged into the quick bar, but others can't.
+1
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Time Spiral said: +1 Don't understand what "repeating section" means, but ... This feature would be a huge bonus. As the GM it's hard to explain to PCs why some buttons can be dragged into the quick bar, but others can't. Basically, repeatable items do not exist until they have been created, ala the "+Add" button. This causes some problems since the rest of the sheet's code has no clue about the repeatable item and it's attributes. Some sheet authors have added static button rolls that address repeatable items (pathfinder's button bar for example is precoded for repeatable item rows 0-26) Static buttons can be drag/dropped to the macro quick bar or called directly by their roll name, ie "%{selected|repeating_weapon_0_Attack}" but the repeatable button roll cannot. Hope I haven't utterly confused the topic. :-)
+1
+1
+1 Can't drag buttons from repeating sections :-(
+1 I'd love to be able to put spells in the quick bar
+1 Making them rearrangeable would be great.
+1 This really needs to be added....the functionality would be extremely useful. Thank you!
The ability to move entries using the Mod button is the functionality I am asking for...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
David B. said: The ability to move entries using the Mod button is the functionality I am asking for... Good point David. Moving weapons or spells around would be very handy.
+1 Useful for so many things!
+1 please!
+1
+1
+1