Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[4/11/15] [5E] Running another one-shot RIGHT NOW again! Looking for 4-5 players!

Edited 1428873422
EDIT: Thanks for all the reception! I'll be sure to run more of these next week! Time: 8:30 PM PST Filled up! Slots Filled: 5/5 (David, Jeremy S., Nick A., Lochen, Thomas) Character Level: 3rd Hiya everyone! This'll probably be my last one-shot this weekend, so anyone who didn't make it in my last couple threads have 1st priority in here, 2nd if you haven't played with me yet! All are welcome, be it you're a vet or a completely new player. Also, as long as you have either a digital or paper copy of your character sheet, it works with me. ^.^ If you don't have one, I'll supply one for ya! To apply, just post your name, class, and a brief description of your background, first come, first serve!
David Lightfooted Halfling Bard I don't have and experience with 5e but I would like to learn. Character's Background : VV is a male halfling who has enjoyed a quiet life, hovering towards the company of others. However one night while performing in a local tavern, a human runs in shouting and crying, "MY FRIEND WAS MURDERED, SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!" Eyes shift, words are spoken, but nobody moves... A halfling friend, unsuited for combat walks over to try and comfort the man. "What a fake smile..." VV stops playing, "What am I doing?..." He packs up and pulling at the mans shirt walks out the door. "WHAT CAN A CHILD DO?!" VV turns and giggles "I don't know. Let's find out." Gotta copy some stuff around and make him level 3
David said: David Lightfooted Halfling Bard I don't have and experience with 5e but I would like to learn. Character's Background : VV is a male halfling who has enjoyed a quiet life, hovering towards the company of others. However one night while performing in a local tavern, a human runs in shouting and crying, "MY FRIEND WAS MURDERED, SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!" Eyes shift, words are spoken, but nobody moves... A halfling friend, unsuited for combat walks over to try and comfort the man. "What a fake smile..." VV stops playing, "What am I doing?..." He packs up and pulling at the mans shirt walks out the door. "WHAT CAN A CHILD DO?!" VV turns and giggles "I don't know. Let's find out." Gotta copy some stuff around and make him level 3 Sweet, looks good, thanks! You're in!
UPDATE: Pushed back the time a few hours to gather more people. xP
I am new to 5e, played various versions in the past. Have made a few 1st level chararcters, could probably bump one up to 3rd level. I have a Erevan Meliamne, Wood Elf Ranger, Outlander (Bounty Hunter) Background: He places no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear. Places importance of survival and preparation above comfort and wealth. Life is like the seasons, in constant change and we must change with it. Adapt or be killed. Exiled after his small home village was destroyed by Ogres & Trolls around 60 years ago while he was out hunting. Has pledged to bring terrible wrath down on the evildoers that destroyed him homeland. He has no known living relatives, but does not truly know. He is slow to trust those of other races, tribes and societies. While he does participate in party activities, it will take some time for him to feel comfortable enough to interact openly with any new companion. I am playing with Roll 20 and put a digital one in there as well as on a PDF.
Jeremy S. said: I am new to 5e, played various versions in the past. Have made a few 1st level chararcters, could probably bump one up to 3rd level. I have a Erevan Meliamne, Wood Elf Ranger, Outlander (Bounty Hunter) Background: He places no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear. Places importance of survival and preparation above comfort and wealth. Life is like the seasons, in constant change and we must change with it. Adapt or be killed. Exiled after his small home village was destroyed by Ogres & Trolls around 60 years ago while he was out hunting. Has pledged to bring terrible wrath down on the evildoers that destroyed him homeland. He has no known living relatives, but does not truly know. He is slow to trust those of other races, tribes and societies. While he does participate in party activities, it will take some time for him to feel comfortable enough to interact openly with any new companion. I am playing with Roll 20 and put a digital one in there as well as on a PDF. Awesome, you're in! Just follow the chart and add your correct abilities and HP, I can help ya out before the session if you're confused. xP
Yeah, may need some help/directions to get to the game...I tried to find it, but I have only previosly been a player in a group ran by one of my friends.
Jeremy S. said: Yeah, may need some help/directions to get to the game...I tried to find it, but I have only previosly been a player in a group ran by one of my friends. I'll PM ya a link later that you can click to get in, don't worry. xP
Cool, any guidance for stuff to add to the character since we are starting at 3rd level. I will add the spells and ranger related stuff, but what about general coins, items, inventory and such?
Also, do I need to have a subscription to Roll20 to move a character generated in a private "test" campaign to your game?
Jeremy S. said: Cool, any guidance for stuff to add to the character since we are starting at 3rd level. I will add the spells and ranger related stuff, but what about general coins, items, inventory and such? You get your starting equipment from your background and Ranger class, and you should get like 5-15 gp from your background, which is yours. Jeremy S. said: Also, do I need to have a subscription to Roll20 to move a character generated in a private "test" campaign to your game? Yup, ya do. ^.^ Don't worry, I can invite ya to the campaign now so you can do your character sheet early, 1 sec.
If there is still time I'd be interested in playing. Zook"Squirrel" Nackle Druid. Background: His gnomish village was destroyed by a goblin bandit party. Elven druid took pity on him and took him under her wing till she thought he could learn on his own.
If you are still looking I'll play anything, and can make characters really fast if need be. :D

Edited 1428799916
Nick A. said: If there is still time I'd be interested in playing. Zook"Squirrel" Nackle Druid. Background: His gnomish village was destroyed by a goblin bandit party. Elven druid took pity on him and took him under her wing till she thought he could learn on his own. Awesome, you're in! Lochen said: If you are still looking I'll play anything, and can make characters really fast if need be. :D Yup yup, you're in! What's your character's name, class, and background? I'll send out the invites in a bit so you guys can get started on your character sheet early. ^.^
sounds good

Edited 1428800297
Ill play anything that is needed. I have like 9 characters at the ready to make. Looks like could use a tank type or a melee damage type. So maybe I'll go Barbarian, Fighter, or Monk.
Lochen said: Ill play anything that is needed. I have like 9 characters at the ready to make. Looks like could use a tank type or a melee damage type. So maybe I'll go Barbarian, Fighter, or Monk. Awesome, I'll PM ya in just a second.
How experienced do you need the players? I've only played a couple times and am looking for opportunities to learn more about the game.
i want in please

Edited 1428801399
If you need a rouge let me know, I currently have a 3rd level haling built for another campaign so I could just copy and paste everything I have minus any additional weapons/armor i have acquired. Archetype is a thief. Chaotic good. I always try to run cons with my fancy clothes while worshuping dieties that fit the situation.
i have a lvl 1 half-elf sorcerer that i can lvl to 3 if needed like to try him out
Jon P. said: How experienced do you need the players? I've only played a couple times and am looking for opportunities to learn more about the game. None needed at all! My DMing style caters around teaching on-the-fly, and many newbies learn a lot from playing with me. Ya up for it? david d. said: i want in please Sure David! Ya played with me before though and I want to give them a chance, but if the others back out for any reason, I'll be sure to let ya know. ^.^ Thomas A. said: If you need a rouge let me know, I currently have a 3rd level haling built for another campaign so I could just copy and paste everything I have minus any additional weapons/armor i have acquired. Archetype is a thief. Chaotic good. I always try to run cons with my fancy clothes while worshuping dieties that fit the situation. Sweet! If Jon doesn't need the spot, you've got it. ^.^
Alright I'll check back often. If Jon doesn't want it will you just invite me to the group so I can start importing my character. Also, are you going with the standard array of points or the buy system?
Greetings and salutations! Ander Brightwood Human Fighter Quiet, bloodied, and young.. too young, is how most would describe Ander. Having cut his way through life since he was but a lad, the young man seeks the meaning of his existence while plying the only skill he has. There's more to him than meets the eye but not even he can see it. (I know I'm a bit late to apply but hey! You never know.)
Thomas A. said: Alright I'll check back often. If Jon doesn't want it will you just invite me to the group so I can start importing my character. Also, are you going with the standard array of points or the buy system? Standard array, buy, or roll, doesn't matter to me. xP I'll be back in an hour, if Jon hasn't replied back by then and you're still around, ya got the spot. ^.^ Marc-David P. said: Greetings and salutations! Ander Brightwood Human Fighter Quiet, bloodied, and young.. too young, is how most would describe Ander. Having cut his way through life since he was but a lad, the young man seeks the meaning of his existence while plying the only skill he has. There's more to him than meets the eye but not even he can see it. (I know I'm a bit late to apply but hey! You never know.) Awesome, thanks for submitting! If anything happens with the other players, I'll be sure to extend an invite to ya! If not, you'll have 1st priority into any of the other one-shots I'll run, just remind me and I'll get ya in. ^.^
Sounds good, thank you Benson Y. On a side note, I'm completely new to Roll20 and D&D in general. I've been trying to get into the online format for a while now but never found the time until I found your "RIGHT NOW" game, which is fantastic. My schedules change on a weekly basis so I can never set aside a fixed time for games which makes things complicated.

Edited 1428803385
Marc-David P. said: Sounds good, thank you Benson Y. On a side note, I'm completely new to Roll20 and D&D in general. I've been trying to get into the online format for a while now but never found the time until I found your "RIGHT NOW" game, which is fantastic. My schedules change on a weekly basis so I can never set aside a fixed time for games which makes things complicated. No problem! I know exactly how ya feel because I'm exactly the same way. XDD I love running these things, not only because I get to meet a vast number of different original characters and people, and I get to introduce and teach the game to that vast amount of people, but because there's little commitment too. And little prep time on me too, which is awesome. xD

Edited 1428806516
So I assume theres a line to play right now? Lol. Name: Ezekiel Tazernath - Class: Any : Background: Criminal

Edited 1428806374
Probably a good guess, if not count me in. :) Class: Whatever's needed, in other words i'll play the healer :)
Yeah!! What he said!! ^^ Ill play anythin necessary! :D
Hey so what is going on Benson? Do you know yet?
I'd let one of the other guys play. I don't think I'll be free tonight until about a half hour later and I don't want to hold you up.
Does roll20 have any sort of spectating option, by chance? Like I said, I'm interested in learning more about the game.
Hey there just thought I'd throw my name in the hat, I'd be cool playing anything.
Hey Jon, I would hate to kick you out :( But I do think if Benson simply adds you you could spectate, but it would be up to him. Also I am probably going to run a campaign over the summer if you are interested (it would be my first one). PM me if you want to.
Guess hes too busy running his game to respond, makes sense... :-/
Wow, that's a lot of replies. XD Sorry guys, went AFK for dinner. Jon P. said: I'd let one of the other guys play. I don't think I'll be free tonight until about a half hour later and I don't want to hold you up. Jon P. said: Does roll20 have any sort of spectating option, by chance? Like I said, I'm interested in learning more about the game. Yeah, totally, ya can hop in the Skype call with us and I'll shoot ya the link to the game. ^.^ I'll send ya a PM in a second! Thomas A. said: Alright I'll check back often. If Jon doesn't want it will you just invite me to the group so I can start importing my character. Also, are you going with the standard array of points or the buy system? Alrighty Thomas, ya got the spot. Ready to play? jonathan said: Yeah!! What he said!! ^^ Ill play anythin necessary! :D Hey Jonathan! Sorry bud, slots all filled up, but ya got 1st priority next time I run a session ya got time for! Just remind me and I'll fit ya in! Greg B. said: Probably a good guess, if not count me in. :) Class: Whatever's needed, in other words i'll play the healer :) Yup sorry, slots all filled up. I'll be sure to run this again more though, and ya got 1st priority too! Dwight H. said: Hey there just thought I'd throw my name in the hat, I'd be cool playing anything. I'll be sure to get ya in next time man! You also snagged a 1st priority spot, so yaay. xD I'll probably be running more of these next week, thinking Tuesday and Thursday around 4pm - 7pm PST, as well as Sunday, so anyone who didn't make it in, see if ya can try to make it then. Thanks for all the reception!
jonathan said: Guess hes too busy running his game to respond, makes sense... :-/ Nope, not yet. XDD
Ya i'm ready!
Sounds good thanks Benson. Do I need to stalk the forums or will you be sending me a PM when you're putting the group together again?
did I miss the bus??? Im looking to join the group
hey there, i'm interested in joining if there are/will be any slots available. your time period is really good for my schedule. I don't have a PC yet but will make one quickly. Interested in a rogue, ranger, or druid, but will play anything really since im new to this.thanks!

Edited 1428873895
Greg B. said: Sounds good thanks Benson. Do I need to stalk the forums or will you be sending me a PM when you're putting the group together again? BuzzKilla said: hey there, i'm interested in joining if there are/will be any slots available. your time period is really good for my schedule. I don't have a PC yet but will make one quickly. Interested in a rogue, ranger, or druid, but will play anything really since im new to this.thanks! I'll add ya two to the group! I make a post in a Campaign Discussion Thread whenever I start up these, so you'd get a notification next time I do this. ^.^ Anyone else want to be added to the group to get notifications? Just keep in mind, if you've played with me before, you have lower priority than those who were rejected last time or haven't played with me. Thanks again!
Add me please!
Picaresque said: Add me please! Added! Relic said: did I miss the bus??? Im looking to join the group Relic, sent ya the campaign link too!