Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

/talktomyself on dev server no longer permits rolls

After using the /talktomyself command on the development server, the interface is no longer capable of rolling power macros. Commands such as %{selected|-power-1} Print some /em text but none of the rest of the power macro. This was not the case last week, nor is it so on the 'live' server. I can only assume this is a minor oversight, however it is making testing upcoming encounters a little difficult. Steps to reproduce: 1. enter /talktomyself on the dev server 2. Roll a power macro 3. .... Fail to profit!??! Setup Google Chrome 41.0.2272.118 Windows 7 This was a great feature and I would love to have it back. Ben
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Which character sheet are you using?
Pretty sure he's talking about powercards. API commands don't work with /talktomyself
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I originally thought that as well, but based on how he's calling it and the first line being an /em, I now think this is the bug Riley fixed yesterday on dev. Ben, how recently did you try this?

Edited 1428847555
Thanks for the rapid responses. I have just tested this minute. I am using the 4th edition D&D character sheet These are not API scripts, they are roll based macros. After additional testing it appears that /talktomyself may be completely broken as I cannot even get simple text to appear in chat. /me and /em text appears but anything else doesn't show up. Ben
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Just tested, I'm getting the same behavior. I'll escalate this to the Devs.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm seeing it to. We'll investigate and find out what went wrong.
This should be fixed now. Thanks!
Problem solved, great to see how responsive the development team are. Keep being awesome! Ben