Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Deleting an image from my library will also remove it from maps, tokens, journals, handouts?

Edited 1429117234
If I delete an image from the library will it remove a use of that image as a map? If I delete an image from the library will it remove a use of that image as a token that I've put on a map? If I delete an image from the library will it remove a use of that image in a journal entry? If I delete an image from the library will it remove a use of that image in a player handout? Thanks!
I believe the answer to everything is yes, once its out of your browser's cache.
Gold
Forum Champion
Jose P. said: I believe the answer to everything is yes, once its out of your browser's cache. I also believe Jose is correct, answer is yes. Here is a relevant wiki docs page, however, on my review I think this page needs a little more information about Deletion. Currently it just tells you that the system will ask you to confirm if you wish to delete an object (and this is for the exact reason that you said, if you delete the item it will be broken or removed from the places you used that graphic item). <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Art_Library" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Art_Library</a>

Edited 1429123699
Thanks, I did read that Wiki page, but still wasn't clear. Now I understand that instances of images used on maps are tied to the original in the Library. The former won't display without the latter. Edit: Occurs to me that for quota management it would be nice to see if an image is currently used on a map. Where I run into the most is when I inadvertantly upload the same image twice (maybe I made a better version) and can't remember which I put down on the map.
Gold
Forum Champion
I will raise this Wiki page with the Roll20 Mod Team and see if we can improve the text. It is also welcome for you to post suggestions/requests for what it should say, or what needs to be addressed in the Docs to make it clear. You may also be able to edit some Wiki pages directly yourself as a contribution. Thanks for the feedback.