Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How does images from the net work

When I search for an image in roll20, some are shown "from the web". Is it possible to search for images I have uploaded to the web (imgur), or are only a few specific pages included in the search? I ask because I find the roll20 art library (my own uploads) to be lacking in ways to sort my assets, quickly delete a bunch, and get an overview.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It uses the google search engine so if it is indexed and searchable by google you should be able to find it. What I do is a normal google search to find the image I want then copy the name of the image out of the url (usually the ending part) and paste that into the art library search. This usually works with little searching needed. I don't know if imgur is google searchable. You can go into the art library manager also (black star on the art tab) and tag your art assets (Keywords). <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Art_Library" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Art_Library</a>
If it's behind a username / password I don't think you can search it; but if it's public-facing you can restrict your search like you would normally when using google ( search string: red sonja site:deviantart.com to restrict to only deviantart.com )

Edited 1429615413
I will try to work with google, to get this going. I know about tags, but I often find that the art library is simply to slow. Some weeks ago when I returned to roll20 I wanted to clean out my library. Found out that if I tried to delete more than a few at a time, I got an error. In any case it simply took too long. Then I got to some assets that I had purchased. I wanted to remove them from my library, but I could not figure out if I then would loss at as a purchase, or how I could return it should I need it later. I really hope that the art library gets a folder structure at some point.