Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

initiativetracker and the API

I get that you can call the tracker and close it via the API, but is there any way of loading information INTO the tracker itself? Initiative is perhaps the biggest killer of tension in my games - setting it up just bogs down the flow of the game, which kills the tension. I already use the API to track combat rounds and spell durations (copied the torch timer script and modified it - its messy but it works) but being able to tie into the tracker itself would be wonderful. I just can't figure out if it is currently possible. ideally if it possible to automatically populate it with the pc's, roll their initiative and put them in order, then track who's turn it is and highlight them so everyone can see who goes next. i know, I could write a script to do all that (eventually - i'm not a programmer) but would really like to use the tracker already in play.
At this time, no. But it's going to be possible in the future. The main hurdle right now is that the "turnorder" property on the Campaign has a very specific format, and I need to document it and put in place checks to make sure that if you put something invalid in that slot, it doesn't crash your whole game.
All I really need for the tracker is an overlay that shows up on the token at the top of the order and a button for players to use to end their turn and advance to the next token (but only if the top token is controlled by them).