Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Handout / Character Names and Characters

The system of folders is amazing! I now have a growing pallete of creatures and handouts I can find. But . . . question! In an old game I played, Neverwinter Nights, you could place information in the title of a creature or item by using the { } characters and said information would not appear in the name when players saw the creature. So in the DM list I might have: Mage{CR5} Mage{CR9} Mage{CR12-necro} Mage{Cr12-evoker} but when a player sees any of those tokens, they just show "Mage". I would sometimes make a dozen orcs with different weapons and have them labeled like that for the DMs. Anything like this exist in the app already? Any way to hide characters in names from players?
Not in the name other than hiding the entire name.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'll add: The Token and Character can have different names. You could set the Token Name to be Mage and the Character Name to be Mage{CR9}. Then when you drag the character into the VTT, the Token Name (if visible to the players) would just be Mage, but shift-double clicking the Token would bring up the Mage{CR9} Character for you.
Ah yeah, there is that way.
Thanks!!!