Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Query: To whom do I report stolen artwork?

Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I was browsing an art repository when I came across art I recognized as being sold via the Roll20 Marketplace. So I need to know, to whom do I tell this? The artist so s/he can privately yell at the repository maintainer? The Roll20 team, so they can shake a legal fist at the maintainer, and check for other stolen artwork? Both? Neither, and it's someone else I should alert? I'm very annoyed at this repository -- gathering free artwork floating around the net is one thing, but posting non-free stuff is quite another. And no, I'm not sharing the URL.
I have seen stuff in the roll 20 search that was actually premium content which I had not purchased. I think the nature of the internet is there will be leaks and spills of data from time to time. G.K. try breathing into a paper bag for a few seconds, unless someone is trying to sell or actively distribute copyrighted material, just ignore it. Saying "look at his cool thing" is not going to tear down the economy of Fantasylandistan any time soon.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Probably best to email it to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
al e., I suggest you tell that to the Dungeon Buddies creator and see how that flies (That being the sets I recognized). The repository in question is, in fact, 'actively distributing' copyrighted artwork and depriving sales to artists here. Thanks, T'Aaron. I'll do that.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Aaron is positively on the spot with his statement. Anything (such as piracy) that impacts roll20 and the artists of roll20 should be reported to the devs. Give them the info including the url then let them take over.

Edited 1430080197
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Heya GenKitty, Would you be so kind as to PM me the site /link? There's a possibility it's legit as I did make some of the Dungeon Buddies freely available ato the launch of the first pack, but I'd be interested to see what's been used. Really appreciate your help in noticing this. About a month ago I got a guy to take down a share of Dungeon Blanks II. Sometimes it just takes a polite request, not everyone really understands copyright. Edit: Turns out they are indeed all the ones I made freely available so no harm no foul. Very much appreciate the heads up though! :)
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
al e. said: I have seen stuff in the roll 20 search that was actually premium content which I had not purchased. Al, as a mentor, you have access to a subset of marketplace assets for free. That may be what you're seeing.