Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5e - Cast Spell to Quickbar, and rename Quickbar titles

Hey there! I'm using the D&D 5e Character Sheet (not the new shaped one, yet ... I have a question about switching mid-campaign, but that's maybe another thread). (1) Cast Spell to Macro Quickbar RE: the Cast Spell button (Spellbook > Spell Entry). As a PC, when I click and drag the Cast Spell button, into the Macro Quickbar, nothing happens. It seems I can drag almost every other sheet button into that quickbar. Am I missing something here? How can I add spells from the sheet Spellbook to the macro quickbar? (2) Rename Macro Quickbar Titles Example: a character named Vell has a Longsword as his first weapon entry. When I click and drag the Attack sheet button into the Macro Quickbar, the title (or label, or whatever you want to call it) reads: Vell: MeleeAttack1. Can this be renamed? For instance, it would be easier for my players to see something like: Longsword Attack. Is this something that can be done? Thanks in advance, everyone!
(1) - Spellbook macros are part of repeating sections, therefore they cannot be dragged to the macro bar. If you would like to see this, then you should throw your support to this suggestion. (2) - This is also currently a limitation. This is a suggestion to improve this behavior. If you want to support one or both these it would be a good idea to vote for them so that we can get some traction on them.

Edited 1430082697
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
1. Please do support that suggestion like Kevin said. I could save so much code and do much cooler things! 2: You can reference the roll by name with a new macro instead of dragging it. For attacks: Melee 1-6 %{Gil|MeleeAttack1} %{Gil|MeleeAttack2} Ranged 1-6 %{Gil|RangedAttack1} %{Gil|RangedAttack2} Works on both the default sheet and the Shaped sheet.
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I apologize for not properly searching for these issues before creating a new thread.

Edited 1430131456
Also, for spells, since we use an API, I've used the 'Cast Spell' button with what I want, then go to the chat, hit up on the arrow keys to grab the code, and made a macro with that code. It works just the same, though you might need to update it if you hit a new ability score floor or certain levels for attack cantrips.
Oooh, I like that idea, Dkitten! I'm trying to come up with ways to make some of the spellcasting a little easier on the--how do you say it sensitively?--"newer" PCs in the campaign. I wonder if there is a plugin, or something of that nature, that includes Macros or Spellbook entries for D&D 5e character sheets? There just seems something silly about thousands of people inputting the same information for Magic Missile, when one person could enter the correct information about Magic Missile and then those same thousand could just select it from a drop down menu. Am I just being a dreamer?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've considered creating a spell importer. It is the only possibility with WotC's copyright.