Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

More use of the Color Square

Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
There is a color square in the bottom right corner of Video & Voice icon for each player.  I noticed that this color is selectable if you click it, and it crops up as a color when a ruler is called up and in the outline of dice when a die-roll is made in the chat box.  That is useful to tell which player is doing those actions. But I think the color-square feature should be extended everywhere.  Sometimes I can't keep it straight which character name goes with which player.  It was suggested to me that players can put both their character name and player name (in brackets) on the icon.  But it would help if that color box is incorporated, say, in the corner of a token controlled by the player, and in the chat-lines whether the player is typing as their name or their in-character name.
Gid
Roll20 Team
That color swatch also tints the 3D Dice. It tints your Pings and when the GM or the Players first get out a drawing tool, that color is what's first selected.
In the Journal, such colors tag the characters controlled by a specific player, but yeah it would be nice to also see it implemented in tokens.
I would like that color to tint things like /me commands as well, so that when someone uses /me  you can tell at a glance by color instead of it always being orange.
Gid
Roll20 Team
I'm not sure how well chat coloration would work. Presently there's different font styles and fill types for when the GM's doing certain actions in chat. Not sure if throwing player colors in would make this less or more confusing.
It would make it less confusing :)
Gid
Roll20 Team
The other problem, as you might have noticed with the 3D dice, is that not all swatch colors applied to them are readable (Like choose a dark color and try to read the black numbers). Same thing would happen with background fills and/or font colors in the chat display.
It would more useful for GM if /me is colored by the selected color. On my case, I use /me a lot on macros as a player. 
But the way the current /me seems to work is the darker color is outline box and text with an inside lighter color fill. I'm sure you could probably read if a color code has "F"s or "0"s in it and have an if/else logic for coloration degrees for light or dark colors.