Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Designate Others That Can Access and Save Scripts

Hey all, I searched quite a bit, but am perhaps missing something. For access to the API and Script Editor is it only allowed to the Campaign Owner? My players frequently want to make new macros for the PowerCards, but it seems like the script times-out or breaks rather frequently and has to be restarted. Is there any way to designate other users/players that could have access to the Script Editor to be able to just hit ye olde Save Script? Thanks.
Editing the scripts is only for the owners.
I would rather have a Reset API / Save Script button inside the campaign that players have access to.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Editing the scripts is for anyone set as GM for the campaign. Maybe I should pull a vote from an existing suggestion and write up something for 'Variable GM permissions'. Like we have varying player permissions, we could have varying GM permissions.
HoneyBadger said: I would rather have a Reset API / Save Script button inside the campaign that players have access to. That would be nice.
For certain, the "A" answer would be there never being a problem. However, Murphy's Law dictates anything that can go wrong, will. I'd rather have HB's suggestion, and provide a button to reset/save the API server in game. I don't like giving everyone access to the API server to clear "Unexpected token s" errors, and I dislike they cannot work on their macros (specifically PowerCards) without me being present to ensure the error is cleared.

Edited 1435304949
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
GAH! It is so IMMENSELY FRUSTRATING to get caught by this! I really need to work on my macros for tonight, but I'm a mere player and can't fix this issue in ANY WAY , and the GM isn't available. THIS NEEDS A FIX.