Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

character with 2 tokens

I'm trying to avoid a problem before it happens for an upcomming campaign... the issue is that the charater in question will require 2 tokens with identical stats, however the HP for both tokens is tracked seperately... Now... I'm aware of the usual solution of linking the HP bar then unlinking it to track seperately... however this would mean that the token must be resync'd with HP every time the character levels up, or manually updated every time the token is drawn to the map... Is there any option that can be done to allow the charater to track HP seperately with both tokens and not require so much upkeep with leveling? To explain the situation a little bit... the character is a Dvati, so unlike most characters this character is a pair of twins each with their own seperate pool of HP but all other aspects are shared.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Could you add a second attribute for hit points and tie the other token to it? You could add a second Character to the Journal that has the other token in it, and just point it to the real character's sheet, except with the hit points pointed to the second hit point attributes.
I've tried setting up two tokens on my test game using a second attribute for the second token's HP but I cannot find a way to link two tokens to one charater sheet without having to set up the second token again every time it is drawn to the map... and I was hoping to avoid using a second character sheet just for seperate HP... but if that's the best option available then I suppose it will have to be what we do...
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Use a rolltable for the default token, one image for each character? However, given that in time they'll likely have different ACs and saves (from different equipment) as well as different HP, you might be better off in the long run by having two character sheets.
GenKitty said: Use a rolltable for the default token, one image for each character? However, given that in time they'll likely have different ACs and saves (from different equipment) as well as different HP, you might be better off in the long run by having two character sheets. That's a fair point... I forgot that they would have seperate equipment and that I might not always be able to get them identical stats from gear...

Edited 1430375153
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
So, here I have two tokens. Both point to the same character (see left side of picture). One has hit points tied to HP, the other has hit points tied to HP2 (note that they have different amounts of damage). On the right, I have two characters, each with one of the tokens assigned as the default token. The top character is the real character, the bottom is just to hold the secondary token. The key is that both tokens point to the real character.