Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds Tabbed - May 02 Update

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok, pull request #814 has been made. This includes: Roll Templates have {{bonuses}}, {{penalties}}, and {{notes}} The "Ace" roll templates have been adjusted to be based on the width of the chat panel, so that should, hopefully, stop horizontal scrolling from appearing for some users Trait roll templates have been updated with additional skill_roll fields and wild die fields to allow for multi-actions. The fields are identical, except increment from 2 - 4 Unskilled, Fighting, Throwing and Shooting roll buttons have been included on the Equipment tab Faith, Psionics, Ritual, and Spellcasting have been included on the Arcanum tab
did you fix the problem with damage roll templates breaking when the {{dmgmod=@{dmgmod}}} part is not included?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
You're talking about the notes field not working if {{dmgmod}} wasn't included, right? If so, then yes. Here's what the code looks like for that: {{#dmgmod}} <tr> <td>   Miscellaneous:</td> <td class="sheet-roll">{{dmgmod}}</td> </tr> {{/dmgmod}} {{#misc_notes}} <tr> <td colspan="2">   <strong>Miscellaneous Notes</strong>:{{misc_notes}}</td> </tr> {{/misc_notes}} {{#bonuses}} <tr> <td>   Bonuses:</td> <td class="sheet-roll">{{bonuses}}</td> </tr> {{/bonuses}} {{#penalties}} <tr> <td>   Penalties:</td> <td class="sheet-roll">{{penalties}}</td> </tr> {{/penalties}} {{#notes}} <tr> <td colspan="2">   <strong>Notes</strong>:{{notes}}</td> </tr> {{/notes}} I think that hit everything you were looking for. If not, let me know and I'll make another update and pull request. Also, I haven't received notification that pull request 814 has been accepted yet, so if you are seeing things fixed, that may be why.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
And the merge is done...should be available on roll20 soonish. :) Also, just as a peak...I'm currently working on a section for vehicles. This should help with games like 50 Fathoms, Sundered Skies, Pirates of the Spanish Main, or any other game where characters may have vehicles (including Starships, Ground Vehicles, and Walkers).

Edited 1431390758
oh, cool... can't wait for that update to roll out... I've been playing a Fallout themed game with some friends and a vehicle section would be great to have... anyways... I was already aware the update hadn't hit just yet, just wanted to know if that fix was in place before it does hit was all... and I was talking about the whole roll not functioning if the {{dmgmod}} wasn't included... the current live version if you omit that section in the roll it breaks the entire template and fails to roll entirely.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hmmm...{{dmgmod}} shouldn't be required (except to use the {{misc_notes}}. At least I wasn't required to include it. If after the update you are still having the problem, let me know. But it's really odd that you're having the problem now, because you shouldn't be. When you say, "in the roll" what do you mean? Not the die roll formula, right?
Ok... I know why it breaks for me now... and the update should resolve the issue for me when it goes live... Currently I've been using the {{misc_notes}} section to output all extra details for the roll, but apparently that requires the {{dmgmod}} section to work, but with the {{notes}} section coming with the update I won't need to do that anymore and I should hopefully be able to omit both {{dmgmod}} and {{misc_notes}} and just use the 3 new sections for my rolls.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Yep. Although, I have made the change so that {{misc_notes}} can also be used without the {{dmgmod}}. The only difference is {{misc_notes}} will output "Miscellaneous Notes" and {{notes}} will output "Notes". Glad this will resolve the issue for you and glad there isn't another issue I wasn't aware of. :)
G V. said: Also, just as a peak...I'm currently working on a section for vehicles. This should help with games like 50 Fathoms, Sundered Skies, Pirates of the Spanish Main, or any other game where characters may have vehicles (including Starships, Ground Vehicles, and Walkers). Aw yiss Will this be as a new "tab" or a completely new category like Wildcard/Mooks are right now? I've currently set up a ship as a character all by itself like a wildcard, and currently using "XP" as provisions. I keep forgetting to update that stat though...
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Toboe, the vehicles will actually be part of the Equipment tab. It's being built based on the ship sheets for games like Pirates of the Spanish Maine and 50F, but then I'm including stuff for Ground vehicles, Flying vehicles/ships, and Walkers.

Edited 1431538329
Heeelp! I tried to sheet and rolls look like this: {{name=Levienth Thu' Zelefeios}} {{skill_name=Agility}} {{skill_rank=8}} {{skill_rank_mod=0}} {{att_mod=0}} {{ttmod=0}} {{enc=0}} {{wounds= -0}} {{fatigue= -0}} {{skill_roll= Rolling 1d8! + 0 + 0[Skill Modifier] + 0-{(0+0),0}kh1-0+floor((((10+0) * 5) - (0 + 0 + 0 + 1))/((10+0) * 5))[Other Modifiers] = ( 1 )+0+0+0-{(0+0)+0}-0+floor((((10+0)*5)-(0+0+0+1))/((10+0)*5))">1}} {{wild_die_rank=6}} {{wild_die= Rolling 1d6! + 0 + 0[Skill Modifier] + 0-{(0+0),0}kh1-0+floor((((10+0) * 5) - (0 + 0 + 0 + 1))/((10+0) * 5))[Other Modifiers] = (3)+0+0+0-{(0+0)+0}-0+floor((((10+0)*5)-(0+0+0+1))/((10+0)*5))">3}} Am I missing some component to make it look, well, nice? Edit. I was. You need to have a template chosen under Configuration. Would it possible that a template would be "on" on default. It seems cumbersome to do this for each character. If a Trait is above d12 (eg. d12+2) the static bonus is applied to Wild die as well. To my understanding this is wrong. Can I remove the Fighting skill somehow? Also, it might be a good idea to add a place for Languages. Thanks for your hard work!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Maetco, Maetco said: Heeelp! I tried to sheet and rolls look like this: {{name=Levienth Thu' Zelefeios}} {{skill_name=Agility}} {{skill_rank=8}} {{skill_rank_mod=0}} {{att_mod=0}} {{ttmod=0}} {{enc=0}} {{wounds= -0}} {{fatigue= -0}} {{skill_roll= Rolling 1d8! + 0 + 0[Skill Modifier] + 0-{(0+0),0}kh1-0+floor((((10+0) * 5) - (0 + 0 + 0 + 1))/((10+0) * 5))[Other Modifiers] = (1)+0+0+0-{(0+0)+0}-0+floor((((10+0)*5)-(0+0+0+1))/((10+0)*5))">1}} {{wild_die_rank=6}} {{wild_die= Rolling 1d6! + 0 + 0[Skill Modifier] + 0-{(0+0),0}kh1-0+floor((((10+0) * 5) - (0 + 0 + 0 + 1))/((10+0) * 5))[Other Modifiers] = (3)+0+0+0-{(0+0)+0}-0+floor((((10+0)*5)-(0+0+0+1))/((10+0)*5))">3}} Am I missing some component to make it look, well, nice? Edit. I was. You need to have a template chosen under Configuration. You beat me to it. Sorry for the delay...work got in the way. :) Maetco said: Would it possible that a template would be "on" on default. It seems cumbersome to do this for each character. I'm trying to figure this out, but so far it hasn't worked. What I do in the mean time is set up a default template for Wild Cards, Mooks, etc. and then just duplicate that sheet as needed. But I am trying to figure it out. I have a template selected by default, but for some reason, it's not working. Maetco said: If a Trait is above d12 (eg. d12+2) the static bonus is applied to Wild die as well. To my understanding this is wrong. Actually, according to Clint Black over on the Pinnacle forums the +2 applies to the Wild Die as well. My understanding was the same as yours initially, until someone corrected me; then, believing that person was wrong, I posted the question to PEG, and they I was wrong. Oh well. So, I fixed the sheet. :) Maetco said: Can I remove the Fighting skill somehow? Currently, not. You can set it to 0 to simulate someone who doesn't have Fighting, but it's such a ubiquitous skill that I'm personally somewhat loathe to make it hideable. That's partially due to a minor case of OCD on my part, but it also increases the code and given all the other stuff that's getting added... I'll give it some thought, though. I can always be persuaded...just make take some time. Sorry. Maetco said: Also, it might be a good idea to add a place for Languages. Thanks for your hard work! That, I can probably add. It makes total sense, especially fro certain types of games. I'll put that on my list (or you can add it to the wiki wishlist...) ;)
the update is live ^-^ and it fixed my problems... One update that I'd like to see added to the charactersheet itself though... would be a Max Load modifier... some Savaage Worlds gametypes include items or abilities that provide a flat increase to Max Load... such as the Savage Fallout gametype gives +40 to +60 max load with power armor... with your current sheet I've taken to finding my max load manually and then dividing that by my Str to get a multiplier just to have the sheet show the right value (or close to it)
Thanks for your reply GV. I'll start using that character dublication in the future. The problem occured because I started using your sheet in an old campaign that already has tons of characters. I stand corrected on that Trait die thingy. It just means having a larger die than d12 is very powerful.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Chell said: the update is live ^-^ and it fixed my problems... One update that I'd like to see added to the charactersheet itself though... would be a Max Load modifier... some Savaage Worlds gametypes include items or abilities that provide a flat increase to Max Load... such as the Savage Fallout gametype gives +40 to +60 max load with power armor... with your current sheet I've taken to finding my max load manually and then dividing that by my Str to get a multiplier just to have the sheet show the right value (or close to it) Glad it fixed your problems. :) Regarding Max Load...not sure I understand how that mechanic works. If I'm reading that correctly, instead of a multiplier it's a flat bonus? So, if my Strength was a d6, with the bonus my load limit would be 46 (if the Max Load was +40)? Did I get that right? Does the multiplier never apply in that game? Can you link me to the rules (I tried searching for it, but every example I found didn't include Max Load—at least that I could find)? If I can understand it, I'll see what I can do—can't make any promises, though, because it would mean potentially changing every Strength/Agility roll. But I'm happy to look into it. Maetco said: Thanks for your reply GV. I'll start using that character dublication in the future. The problem occured because I started using your sheet in an old campaign that already has tons of characters. I stand corrected on that Trait die thingy. It just means having a larger die than d12 is very powerful. No problem. And sorry about the inconvenience with the rolls; it annoys me, so I'm still trying to figure something out. One option would be do away with that option and just switch the entire sheet over to one of the roll templates or neither of them. I like options and choices, though, so don't want to do that if I can get away with it. As for the Trait die...yeah, it really made me appreciate those Edges a little more.

Edited 1431661246
The multiplier is still used and applied first. The aditional bonus is applied last. So a str of d6 with a +40 bonus would yield 64 max load. (6x4)+40 My character has a d4 str with a henderance that reduces her multipler to 3x and a power armor that provides her with a +40 max load so with her armor she's got a max load of 52 (4x3)+40 whereas without the armor it's only a 12 (4x3).

Edited 1431685152
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok, that makes it easy. I'll add in a Max Load Modifier field. I'll likely have it hidden by default. EDIT: I have this working now and it'll be live when I roll things to git (but I need to finish the vehicle stuff first).
cool, thanks ^-^
Just tacking this on here as well, but can we have a field under the Arcanum Tab that also includes the Range of the spell? Makes it a little bit easier to read than tacking it onto the Trapping/Notes field.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Added to the To Do list.
Just an idea... to add to what you asked about in your other thread... a new template option... 2-in-1 : Trait + Damage Available in both Solid & Spade/Club style... It should use the Weapon Name for the header, then show the Trait Roll & Wild Die Roll first, followed by the Damage Roll... then the normal Modifiers section, perhaps with a divider for trait specific, damage specific, & general modifiers...
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'll see what I can do...I've considered it in the past, but never did it, because of the ability to spend Bennies to re-roll Traits, and if someone knew in advance what the Damage would be they would have better insight into whether they should spend the benny. Of course, I realize that they could just re-roll damage as well, but... I'll give it some thought on a good way to incorporate the two roll and see what I can come up with, though. It likely wouldn't make it into any of the roll buttons on the sheet itself, though.
That's fine, I wouldn't really expect it to roll from the built in sheet buttons anyway... it's just something that would be nice for those of us who write our own macros... In the game I've been in, it gets to be a bit of a clutter rolling the Fighting/Shooting roll then following up with the Damage roll and having (quite honestly) rather large templates in chat being able to merge them into a single roll template would be nice.

Edited 1433727940
On a different question, are the Savage Worlds Tabbed roll templates supposed to exist in the chat archive, or is this a roll20 bug? I've been recording our logs (and then clearing the chat archive) and sometimes the roll template results are in the chat archive (ex: May 19th), but this week and past week (June 7th) the roll templates are completely blank. Sort of defeats the purpose of a chat archive! EDIT: very odd: I just checked again after launching the campaign and now the Savage Worlds Tabbed roll templates results are visible now. Not sure why - do I have to pre-launch the campaign before opening the chat archive?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Toboe - I'm sorry, I don't know much about the chat archives, so I'll have to let someone else field those questions. :)
HOLY @$&! you have 'select which roll template' options! That is awesome! (sorry, just noticed) Make my character sheets! Make all of them! Right now! Nownownownow !
I think I'm having some font/layout issues with the sheet: - On the skill tab, the "roll" icon for each skill is displayed on the next line below the Skill name, rather than at the end of the original line. - The journal fonts don't seem to be working properly either (as in, I don't get any hand-writing fonts). I figure both issues are related. Is there some sort of font pack I must install? Also, if I might make a feature request? It would be cool if there was a UI tweak to rename Spells to Powers, or something similarly generic :) Anyways, thanks for the awesome sheet!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
@Coal Powered Puppet - LOL! It still has some issues I'm trying to work through (for example, the default selection doesn't seem to work for some reason until you manually select one of the three choices...until you do that your rolls come up with all the wacky "code" for the template call). I need to find some time to mess around with it a bit more... @Koen P - What OS and Browser are you using?
For added list rolls (Weapons and Powers for example) is there a way we could get the "show macro" to show the power card macro? Right now we can't drag these rolls to the quick macro bar, and it would be nice to have this available as token actions and quick macro bar. I'm good with a copy/paste, as I know it's hard to do the drag and drop when it's a list. ( this would also be nice, for custom skills )

Edited 1434445422
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
@JoeGun - that should be doable. I'll add it to the list. EDIT : Until I can get this added to the sheet, the character sheet guide includes examples of how to set up the macro to use Roll Templates (intact, they were cut/pasted directly from the character sheet. Here they are: Trait Test : &{template:solidtrait} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{skill_name=Agility}} {{skill_rank=@{Agility}}} {{skill_rank_mod=@{agMod}}} {{att_mod=@{agrollMod}}} {{ttmod=@{ttmod}}} {{wounds= -@{wounds}}} {{fatigue= -@{fatigue}}} {{skill_roll=[[1d@{agility}! + @{agMod} + @{agrollMod}[Skill Modifier] + @{ModSum}[Other Modifiers]]}} {{wild_die_rank=@{wilddie}}} {{wild_die=[[1d@{wilddie}! + @{agMod} + @{agrollMod}[Skill Modifier] + @{ModSum}[Other Modifiers]]}} Damage: &{template:clubsdamage} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{weapon=@{repeating_meleeweapons_0_WeaponType}}} {{damage_type=Str+d@{repeating_meleeweapons_0_DmgType}+@{repeating_meleeweapons_0_MDmgMod}}} {{damage=[[1d@{Strength}![Strength]+1d@{repeating_meleeweapons_0_DmgType}+@{repeating_meleeweapons_0_MDmgMod}[Weapon Damage]+@{dmgmod}[Damage Modifier]+1d@{repeating_meleeweapons_0_DmgRaise}[Bonus Damage]]]}} {{raise=@{repeating_meleeweapons_0_DmgRaise}}} {{dmgmod=@{dmgmod}}} The different Trait Test templates are: &{template:solidtrait} or &{template:spadestrait2} The different Damage templates are: &{template:soliddamage} or &{template:clubsdamage}
You Rock GV! Thank you sir!
Hey GV! I filed a bug ticket about the Roll Template/Chat Archive issue, in case you want to pop in and see what triggers it, and perhaps put in your two cents: Chat Archive Doesn't Show Roll Template Results On First Login While testing I narrowed the triggers down to being (potentially) cookie-related, and that it's linked to the Savage Worlds Tabbed character sheet - if I use the default roll template in a regular macro via the Attributes/Ability section, those show up fine. Haven't yet tested yet to see if it occurs on other character sheets though. (And yes GV, you rock. ;D)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Cool. And thanks! :)