Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Thinking about Hosting a Shadowrun 4E Game

Kabu
KS Backer
Hey all. I've been trying to play Shadowrun 4E for the past month, to no avail. I have decided that the only way to experience the delicious Spellslingin' Cyber-Punk mayhem that is Shadowrun is to host it, seeing as no one else seems ready, willing and fully enabled. So, if you're interested in trying your hand at some B&E, data-theft, extractions, drug smuggling, good old wetwork and hooding to name a few of many mission possibilities, go ahead and post! I am looking for players new to Shadowrun and experienced, I myself am a fairly experienced GM (I would like to believe, anyway) and I'm willing to teach a few people how to play. I am thinking of hosting a game for 4-5 players, but I might make exceptions. I don't know how long the campaign will go for, that depends on if everyone is dedicated. A basic understanding of some key events that happened in the lore (Read: History lesson for the reality impared, Core rulebook) is a big help for both me and you. Characters, as far as they go, can be as outlandish as the system allows, but I will be running a fairly realistic (Aka, you shoot a man in a crowded mall, you can expect people to notify the police with a picture they took of you by simply blinking, Augmented reality being what it is and all) campaign. Keep in mind whilst making a character, the archetypes that best compose a Runner group; Street Samurai - Combat Oriented Magical - Support/magical artillery Hacking/Rigging - Matrix Support/Additional Drone support Infiltration - Obligatory Face - General Diplomancer/Negotiator (You get the point.) ..and try and and cover a role or two, depending on what you want the character to be, if you're completely new to Shadowrun or Buy Point systems in general and are feeling rather lost when it comes to the creation of your character, I am willing to help. I strongly recommend that potential players make their own characters and stay away from the premades that reside in the Core Anniversary rulebook; it will help you understand the system all the better, even if it is a trial by fire. I allow character creation to be done with all of the splat books, if I don't have a clue what the heck that spell is or exotic ammo type, I'll ask for the book and page number. As always, GM(read: me) has the final say if your character is good to go or needs revisions. I'm thinking of playing Tuesdays, 6 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST, -8) but that could change. I will be running this with voice, but it is seriously no problem if you don't own a mic. Text RP is always an alternative. <a href="http://www.shadowrun.com/shadowrun-universe" rel="nofollow">http://www.shadowrun.com/shadowrun-universe</a> If you have no idea what the drek Shadowrun is, I'd check this link if I was you, Chummer. Always remember.. Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. And never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
Hello! This sounds like a fantastic idea. While I don't have any experience with Shadowrun specifically, I'm currently playing in a Pathfinder campaign with some friends and have a good grasp on general tabletop rules. This website is very interesting and if you're open to it, I'd be down to join your (eventual) game.
Might try posting on our group forums about your campaign if you continue to have trouble finding players. Plenty of folks interested in a non-D&D experience. A recent Star Wars campaign starting filled slots very fast. <a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/1497/eternal-vigilance-guild-vtrpg-portal-now-recruiting-multiple-campaigns-lf-players#Item_48" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/1497/eternal-vigilance-guild-vtrpg-portal-now-recruiting-multiple-campaigns-lf-players#Item_48</a>
Hi! This sounds awesome. I am 39 and been reading RPG books since I was a kid, I didnt get to play much as a kid, none of my friends were into it but I read a lot of books. So I am interested in joining this group. I am an old fan of SR and I have many books, but alas have never really played. Tuesdays at 6 (8 my time, Nashville,Tn) would be great for me, although I probably wont be available this coming tues as I will be traveling that day. I havnt used this system yet, but I am looking forward to it. So thanks for this it looks really fun.
Hiya! I too have been wanting to play Shadowrun for some time now, and would be happy to join. I've never played before, but I've owned the corebook for some time now and have plenty of experience with tabletop RPGs so I'd love to join the party if you'd have me.
Hiya! I too have been wanting to play Shadowrun for some time now, and would be happy to join. I've never played before, but I've owned the corebook for some time now and have plenty of experience with tabletop RPGs so I'd love to join the party if you'd have me. Hello! This sounds like a fantastic idea. While I don't have any experience with Shadowrun specifically, I'm currently playing in a Pathfinder campaign with some friends and have a good grasp on general tabletop rules. This website is very interesting and if you're open to it, I'd be down to join your (eventual) game. What is the timezone in which you both reside in? Edit: Benjamin I don't think I will join now, but I will check out your community eventually. I've seen that post about it before, and it seemed pretty legit.
I'm in the Eastern timezone, which I believe is three hours ahead of PST. The time/day thing really isn't too much of a problem, although I'd prefer to avoid Fridays and Saturdays. Other than that I'm free anytime after 1:00 PST.
Hey there Clayton I'd be interested in playing. I have experience in playing shadowrun and will be happy to help teach a few people what I know. I've got most of the rules down but there's always more to learn it seems :P
Okay. So far we have Bradley, DJ, Dylan and Reece, as well as one other person that I know, named Connor. We should meet next week on Tuesday with character ideas and the like being thought up/made over the weekend. If you need any PDFs etc. PM me, and I can aid in character creation processes before and on Tuesday. I'm thinking 6PM PST, (9 PM EST) Because I get off work at around 5. This work for you all? If anyone else wants to join in that could make it, feel free to post, as well.
Edit: Benjamin I don't think I will join now, but I will check out your community eventually. I've seen that post about it before, and it seemed pretty legit. No worries, sorry don't mean to spam or anything. Hard to pass up a GM having trouble finding players though. :) Good luck with your campaign! Would be interested myself, but run a campaign at about that timeslot.
I'm in Australia, so GMT+10, but I've got no problem with late nights/early mornings.
I would def be interested yo
Okay, cool. Looks like we're more than filled up. I'd like to note that we will be using the advanced lifestyle rules in Runner's Companion, I would take a look if you haven't already!
Sounds good! I'll probably send a PM to you after checking it out with some questions, if that's okay.
If I joined, could I use one of the pre-made characters? I really don't feel like going through the big, long, boring process of making one.
I would really not recommend using them, but if you want to I won't stop you. It's a lot less fun when you play with something you didn't make, and you won't understand the character as well if say, you made it yourself. So far We have Austin, Bradley, Benjamin Q, Connor, DJ and Reece as our players. That's as full as I will allow it. Tuesday we will meet, discuss character ideas/roll up characters, 6PM PST (GMT -8). I'll PM all of you Monday to make sure you're still up for it, and all.
nooo i wanted to try this
Zapps could take my place if need be
<a href="http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?search_filter=&filters=0_0_1700_0_0&cPath=&search_here=&page=1&sort=3a" rel="nofollow">http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?search_filter=&filters=0_0_1700_0_0&cPath=&search_here=&page=1&sort=3a</a> They have some pretty cool free pdfs for download, some of them are old but I like to read all of them. And this, Shadowrun: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2012), seems like it could be useful to those of us that are not experienced. Your thoughts? <a href="http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/103218/Shadowrun%3A-Quick-Start-Rules-%28Free-RPG-Day-2012%29?filters=0_0_1700_0_0" rel="nofollow">http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/103218/Shadowrun%3A-Quick-Start-Rules-%28Free-RPG-Day-2012%29?filters=0_0_1700_0_0</a>
Zapps could take my place if need be If you don't want to play, Zapps can take your position in the group. Your choice though.
borrowed the 4E rulebook from a friend so i've been reading it a bit
If Austin is okay with it Zapps, I'd love to have you in on the game today.
Tell me if Austin shows up then
Can do.
Has this started already or do I have my time zones mixed up?
I would like to join in if you have any space open, I'm available most of the time but i dont have shadowrun experience, although im very interested to figure it out looks awesome
How did last night go?
A lot of talking, mostly just me answering questions on character creation and the like. I did a brief run down of the basics of combat, but that probably wont stick, so we will do that again when characters are done and we play.
I would like to join in if you have any space open, I'm available most of the time but i dont have shadowrun experience, although im very interested to figure it out looks awesome The game is more than full, but if a spot is freed up I'll alert you.
We playin tonight?
Yep. Dylan, message me your skype name if you have one so I can add you. Also, fill me in on what your character is like in the PM.
I am trying to get skype setup on my laptop, I have been at my moms all week and dont have my normal stuff...
looks like I am dylanfogle1 on skype
got room for another player? I have most of the books for shadowrun but I've never really tried the game. I just love the way it is set up :)
heh, never mind, I've just seen that you are full :( oh well I'll keep looking!
Kav, please keep this thread updated if a spot comes open. :) Thank You!
I am interested Shadowrun but I am a new player. I have never been able to find a gaming group that wants to play this game. I have read the novels and I have the RPG books.
Been looking for a good Shadowrun game for sometime now, would love to see this get off the ground!
you know ive always wanted to play a cyberpunk ttrpg just never found a group. I would love to join if there's still room mind you i haven't played shadowrun.
If someone is starting a shadowrun game i would love to join, but i haven't played before
Could I join, please please please
Looks like this thread was created last year, but if there's still a group running a shadowrun campaign, I would love to be involved. I've been into SR since it first came out but only had the opportunity to play a few times. I have lots of experience GMing but never ran an SR game. If there was a game I could play in to get the feel of things, I'd certainly take a turn as GM...thanks!