Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GroupInitiative - Roll How is it calculating the value

When I select my tokens and run the the GroupInitiative API the value returned is way too high. The bonuses should be in the 2 to 3 range so the results should be at most 23 however I am consistently getting values in the 30's, anyone know what I doing wrong?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Type: !group-init --help At the bottom you'll see a list of Bonus Stat Groups. It will attempt each group in order until it either finds one that returns a value or uses 0.
I looked and I think it is only using one call dexters || current, I have not modified anything. However I am using the shaped character sheet for 5e if that matters.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The configuration for that script is... unfortunate. I need to add a better system but haven't gotten to it yet. If you can post a roll rust would give you the right result, I can give you the API commands to run to configure it.
Sorry I had a long a day and my brain is not working at full capacity. Not sure I understand what you are look for when you say "If you can post a roll rust would give you the right result"
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No worries. =D What System are you using? DnD 5e? And a character sheet? What I need to know is something like "For me, all my monsters have an attribute named 'Init' that has their modifier in it." or "My monsters have the attribute 'dexterity' which needs to have the standard -4/+4 Dnd/Pathfinder math applied to it, and then sometimes they have an 'Init' attribute that gives them a bonus." Alternatively you can send me a PM invite to your game and GM me and I'll just come set it up for you. =D