Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Further integration with Skype

I don't know if this would even be possible to do but it would be cool if there was some integration with Skype as I know several groups, mine included, use Skype to talk during the games and between game sessions. If there was a way to send messages or handouts that are on the table but also get sent to Skype as well that would be awesome. Also if there was further integration of the Skype voice and video as a alternative to talkbox. Again don't know if that would even be possible due to the fact that they are completely separate programs and all but figured I would throw it out there.
They already have the google+ alternative to Tokboxx and everyone in my Sunday group was raving on how much better it is to skype. Not saying that more alternatives couldn't hurt. Have you seen any other programs used skype as their VOIP?
I have not seen any other programs using Skype. That isn't saying much though as I have not looked at many other programs. My group hasn't used google+ either as not all of us have an account, Yes I know it is free but when all of us already have Skype and are on it a lot we would naturally hope for integration with what we are familiar with.
Just did some research and there has been talk of integration within other ISP's for you reays, but I can't find a good case of one completed. Not saying it is not out there, but I can tell you I am a designer for a video platform that has wanted to use Skype and couldn't because it was a difficult integration. Though that is different than integrating into skype. With the increased features of Google Hangouts, I would be surprised if Skype were not looking into such features. Rather than give my opinion about why I prefer one of the other, I posted it here: <a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/1929/why-use-skype-when-there-is-google-hangouts#Item_2" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/1929/why-use-skype-when-there-is-google-hangouts#Item_2</a>
Double comment