Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Detachable chat's scroll position is all over the place

Edited 1430692271
Michael H
Sheet Author
Double-clicking the chat to detach it, and then running a macro, will place the scroll position of the chat at what seems to be a random position, with the new result well outside of the viewport. As a side note: Setting up macros is a fairly poor experience, as you have to switch back and forth between Chat and Settings constantly to make changes, and then to check them.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I believe I've seen the devs comment on this issue in the past. Detachable chat is a work in progress.

Edited 1430753968
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heilemann, I wasn't able to replicate the behavior you're describing. Can you give me a rundown of your OS and Browser and make sure it's not an excension or addon that's causing the behavior? Does this happen in another browser?
Latest OS X, Safari and Chrome. I don't have a lot of extensions, and I've never experienced any issues with them before. Here's a video of the issue .
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I get "#11 INVALID STREAMTYPE AND/OR STREAMSERVER SETTINGS FOR ." when I try to view that video. Permissions error?
Weird. Try this: <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkk5euq31w67kj9/chatbug.mov?dl=0" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkk5euq31w67kj9/chatbug.mov?dl=0</a>
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I've tested this in Chrome on the lastest version of Yosemite. I'm not able to replicate the behavior you're seeing. What's the macro you're using? This is happening in every campaign for you? I don't suppose you could test this on another computer?
I already tested it on two computers, same result. This is the macro #pc_attack_1: /emas @{selected|token_name} attacks @{target|token_name} with a @{selected|weapon_skill_name_1} vs. TN #pc_vs_npc_defense #pc_weapon_1 /r 1t[feat] + @{selected|weapon_rating_1}t[@{selected|weary}] + ?{Modifier|0} &gt; #pc_vs_npc_defense Which refers to #pc_weapon_1: &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|weapon_skill_name_1}}} {{Damage=@{selected|weapon_damage_1}}} {{Edge = @{selected|weapon_edge_1}}} {{Injury=@{selected|weapon_injury_1}}} {{Called Shot = @{selected|weapon_called_shot_1}}} {{Damage Bonus = @{selected|damage}}} {{Range Bonus = @{selected|ranged}}}
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Still wasn't able to replicate it. I re-watched the video and it looks like it's not bouncing around, it's just returning to the top after every token action macro. Does it not do this with regular global macros, abilities, text chat, etc?