Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tokens

Phil
KS Backer
Not strictly speaking a bug, however it was causing a lot of grief in our game last night. With the latest update tokens were always being resized rather than moved. People thought they had the cross for moving the token, however. Just as they start to move it the curser would change to a resize arrow and the token would be stretched ,squashed, etc. very very annoying
Players should not be able to resize the tokens (I have not played since the last changes in Roll20 and I thought players had only the rotation tool, not the resize one). It is going to be the source of much confusion. And as there is no way to just snap the tokens to there previous size, there is going to be much fumbling to correct the players errors.
Believe me my players and me were resizing them all over the place, we didn't want too, but we did!
I can easily imagine the kind of chaos it can produce.
My players were also doing the same thing last night we had a 40ft wide dwarf
Thanks for the reports; I believe this was introduced with the latest update. I'm not sure what the plan is, but at least the issue is known about.
I hope the plan is "make it not do that." :D
Yes, I think it was introduced with the last update. Before that, the players had only the rotate control.
I can't move tokens assigned to me it tries to ping the map instead no matter what i do
Well a 40ft wide dwarf is a dwarf coming out of the tavern's beer reserve ain't it ?
I can't move tokens assigned to me it tries to ping the map instead no matter what i do Did you check if you were on the token layer when trying to move?
Gid
Roll20 Team
Chance, if you were a player (and not the GM) of your game, that might have been an issue of the GM not correctly assigning the permissions of your token. They need to click on the gear button by your token, and in the "Controlled By" field, they need to select your user name.